Subject: [AVT] IFIP Networking 2005 Call For Participation

From: Herman Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:23:53 -0400

--------------------------------------------------------
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this mail.)

***********************************************************************
*                             Networking 2005
*         http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/
***********************************************************************

                       Monday, 2 May - Friday, 6 May 2005
                             University of Waterloo,
                            Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Monday, 2 May 2005:  Tutorials
     Wireless Sensor Networks
     On the Building Blocks of QoS in Heterogeneous IP Networks
     High Speed Cellular Networks, Architecture, and Protocols
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/tutorial.html)

Tuesday, 3 May through Thursday, 5 May 2005
     Main Conference: 33 Technical Sessions
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/program.html)

Friday, 6 May 2005:  Workshops
     World Class Events: Telecommunications Challenges
     Next Generation Networking Middleware
     Mathematical Modeling and Analysis of Computer Networks
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/workshop.html)

                      Sponsored by the IFIP working groups:

WG 6.2:  Network and Internetwork Architectures
WG 6.3:  Performance of Communication Systems
WG 6.8:  Wireless Communications
WG 6.10: Photonic Networking

                                    and:
Nortel Networks
Bell
Research in Motion
Sun Microsystems
The Fields Institute

                      Hosted by The University of Waterloo

                     ======================================
                     Networking 2005 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                     ======================================

Networking 2005 serves as a forum for engineers and scientists from
around the world to present their latest research findings in the fields
of computer networks and data communications.  Networking 2005 includes
a peer-reviewed program of technical sessions, panels, tutorials, and
workshops.  The five-day program starts with cutting-edge tutorials on a
range of hot topics, including sensor and ad hoc networks,
delay-tolerant networks, optical networking, and quality of service.
Throughout the week there will be keynote talks by research and industry
leaders, including Peter Carbone, Vice President of Next-Generation
Architectures, Networks and Technology at Nortel Networks.  Panels will
cover issues of immediate relevance to both industry and research alike,
including cross-layer design issues.  The week will be rounded out with
a series of workshops on critical issues on networking today, including
problems of rapid configuration, modeling, and middleware.

Full program details are available at:

http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/program.html

                            ============
                        guage: en-us, en
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] IFIP Networking 2005 Call For Participation
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this mail.)

***********************************************************************
*                             Networking 2005
*         http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/
***********************************************************************

                       Monday, 2 May - Friday, 6 May 2005
                             University of Waterloo,
                            Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Monday, 2 May 2005:  Tutorials
     Wireless Sensor Networks
     On the Building Blocks of QoS in Heterogeneous IP Networks
     High Speed Cellular Networks, Architecture, and Protocols
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/tutorial.html)

Tuesday, 3 May through Thursday, 5 May 2005
     Main Conference: 33 Technical Sessions
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/program.html)

Friday, 6 May 2005:  Workshops
     World Class Events: Telecommunications Challenges
     Next Generation Networking Middleware
     Mathematical Modeling and Analysis of Computer Networks
(http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/workshop.html)

                      Sponsored by the IFIP working groups:

WG 6.2:  Network and Internetwork Architectures
WG 6.3:  Performance of Communication Systems
WG 6.8:  Wireless Communications
WG 6.10: Photonic Networking

                                    and:
Nortel Networks
Bell
Research in Motion
Sun Microsystems
The Fields Institute

                      Hosted by The University of Waterloo

                     ======================================
                     Networking 2005 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                     ======================================

Networking 2005 serves as a forum for engineers and scientists from
around the world to present their latest research findings in the fields
of computer networks and data communications.  Networking 2005 includes
a peer-reviewed program of technical sessions, panels, tutorials, and
workshops.  The five-day program starts with cutting-edge tutorials on a
range of hot topics, including sensor and ad hoc networks,
delay-tolerant networks, optical networking, and quality of service.
Throughout the week there will be keynote talks by research and industry
leaders, including Peter Carbone, Vice President of Next-Generation
Architectures, Networks and Technology at Nortel Networks.  Panels will
cover issues of immediate relevance to both industry and research alike,
including cross-layer design issues.  The week will be rounded out with
a series of workshops on critical issues on networking today, including
problems of rapid configuration, modeling, and middleware.

Full program details are available at:

http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/program.html

                            ============
                            REGISTRATION
                            ============

Late registration after April 15, 2005:  Regular $950, Student $475
(Note prices are in Canadian dollars.)

Register at:

http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/registration.html

                                 ========
                                 WATERLOO
                                 ========

The Fourth IFIP Conference on Networking will be held at the University
of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario.  About 60 miles south-west of
Toronto, Waterloo is situated near the Grand River, in the heart of
South-West Ontario.

Waterloo has a large concentration of world-leading high-technology
companies, including Research in Motion, maker of the blackberry, Sybase
iAnywhere, Open Text, as well as two universities.

While visiting Waterloo, you may wish to take the opportunity to go
canoing on the Grand river (http://www.canoeingthegrand.com/).  Waterloo
is a short drive from the internationally renown Stratford Festival
(http://www.stratford-festival.on.ca/), and less than 2 hours drive from
Niagara Falls (http://www.city.niagarafalls.on.ca/).

Pearson International Airport, less than an hour away, provides easy
access for our worldwide participants.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

    REGISTRATION
                            ============

Late registration after April 15, 2005:  Regular $950, Student $475
(Note prices are in Canadian dollars.)

Register at:

http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/registration.html

                                 ========
                                 WATERLOO
                                 ========

The Fourth IFIP Conference on Networking will be held at the University
of Waterloo, in Waterloo, Ontario.  About 60 miles south-west of
Toronto, Waterloo is situated near the Grand River, in the heart of
South-West Ontario.

Waterloo has a large concentration of world-leading high-technology
companies, including Research in Motion, maker of the blackberry, Sybase
iAnywhere, Open Text, as well as two universities.

While visiting Waterloo, you may wish to take the opportunity to go
canoing on the Grand river (http://www.canoeingthegrand.com/).  Waterloo
is a short drive from the internationally renown Stratford Festival
(http://www.stratford-festival.on.ca/), and less than 2 hours drive from
Niagara Falls (http://www.city.niagarafalls.on.ca/).

Pearson International Airport, less than an hour away, provides easy
access for our worldwide participants.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt