Subject: [AVT] IFIP Networking 2005

From: Herman Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:54:25 -0400

--------------------------------------------------------
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this mail.)

***********************************************************************
*                             Networking 2005
*         http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/
***********************************************************************

                        Monday, 2 May - Friday, 6 May 2005
                              University of Waterloo,
                             Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Please note that the registration rates have changed. There are no
longer late fees. Registrations from now until the beginning of the
conference will be charged the normal rate.

Please visit the registration page for more information.
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/conferences/networking2005/coming/registration.html

--------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

2005 International Workshop
"World Class Events: Telecommunications Challenges"
WCE2005
University of Waterloo, Waterloo,
Ontario, Canada
6 May 2005

To be held in conjunction with '2005 IFIP Networking Conference'
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/Networking2005

Throughout the telecommunications industry, organizing world class
events presents unique challenges and drives explosive changes in
service offerings, network infrastructures, and product technologies.
The host city’s or country’s reputation on being able to organize such
world class events may depend on the mastery of providing a "Perfect
Network".

This workshop is a unique gathering opportunity for select industry
executives, seasoned managers, expert researchers and senior subject
matter experts from sponsor organizations of world class events,
telecommunication companies, and government officials of host
cities/countries to discuss the requirements and steps necessary to
build and operate a "Perfect Network" for such events.  They will share
experiences, plans, "do lists", and their vision to ensure a "Perfect
Network". An intense day of selected presentations and possible
refreshing panel discussions will focus on how to avoid "re-inventing
the wheel" every time that a city or country becomes a candidate/host
for such world class events.

Confirmed Key Speakers of the industrial track:
- Delivering an Olympic  Class Network in 2010, Justin Webb, Vice
President Olympic Solutions, Bell Canada
- Telecommunication Challenges for the Olympic Games, Spilios Makris,
Director Olympic Program, Telcordia
- Telecommunications at the Athens 2004 Summer Olympics, Yiannis
Antoniadis, Olympic Games Telecommunications Command & Control Deputy
Manager, OTE
- World Class Events - Telecommunication Challenges, Alex Iliadis,
Athens 2004 Telecom Manager

Key speeches will be 45 minutes long plus 15 minutes for questions.
Please note that the industrial track is complemented by a research
track with papers presenting new research and development material.

Workshop Organizers:
Dr. Charalabos Skianis
Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications
National Center for Scientific Research ‘Demokritos’

Dr. Spilios Makris
Telcordia Technologies, Inc.

Dr. Mike Devetsikiotis
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
North Carolina State University

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt