Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:48:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for AC-3 Audio
	Author(s)	: J. Flaks, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-6-8
	
This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting AC-3 
encoded audio data.  AC-3 is a high quality, multichannel audio coding 
system used in US HDTV, DVD, cable and satellite television and other 
media.  The RTP payload format as presented in this document includes 
support for data fragmentation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:42:35 +0100

This is to announce a working group last call on the RTP Payload  
Format for AC-3 Audio (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt). Please send  
any final comments on this draft to the mailing list before 24th June  
2005. If no substantive technical issues are raised by that time, we  
will request the IESG publish this draft as a proposed standard RFC.

Colin

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:36:44 +0200

Hi,

I noticed a minor error in the draft when reading it. I support 
publication of the draft. However we should fix the example in section 
5.2. The AC-3 payload format has no parameters to be transported in 
a=fmtp and the mapping description correctly omits talking about using 
a=fmtp. However the example contains an a=fmtp line that is empty. 
Please remove in an update after the WG LC has ended.

Cheers

Magnus

Colin Perkins wrote:
> This is to announce a working group last call on the RTP Payload  Format 
> for AC-3 Audio (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt). Please send  any final 
> comments on this draft to the mailing list before 24th June  2005. If no 
> substantive technical issues are raised by that time, we  will request 
> the IESG publish this draft as a proposed standard RFC.
> 
> Colin
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:51:34 +0100

This working group last call ends today. In addition to Magnus'  
comment, there was a comment from Bill Miller regarding a need for  
updated references. An updated draft should be submitted to address  
these minor issues. Once that is done, we will request publication.

Colin

On 23 Jun 2005, at 10:36, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> publication of the draft. However we should fix the example in  
> section 5.2. The AC-3 payload format has no parameters to be  
> transported in a=fmtp and the mapping description correctly omits  
> talking about using a=fmtp. However the example contains an a=fmtp  
> line that is empty. Please remove in an update after the WG LC has  
> ended.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus
>
> Colin Perkins wrote:
>
>> Format for AC-3 Audio (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ac3-06.txt). Please  
>> send  any final comments on this draft to the mailing list before  
>> 24th June  2005. If no substantive technical issues are raised by  
>> that time, we  will request the IESG publish this draft as a  
>> proposed standard RFC.
>> Colin