Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:16:46 -0700

For the consideration of the AVT WG;  a new draft, all comments welcome.

* * * *

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A general mechanism for RTP Header Extensions
	Author(s)	: D. Singer
	Filename	: draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2005-6-1

This document provides a general mechanism to use the header-
    extension feature of RTP (the Real Time Protocol).  It provides the
    option to use a small number of small extensions in each RTP packet,
    where the universe of possible extensions is large and unregistered.
    The actual extensions in use in a session are signaled in the setup
    information for that session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click the 
URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
<mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt>
[The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click the 
URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt>

-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:46:16 +0100

Folks,

I'd like to solicit feedback on this draft (and on draft-singer-smpte- 
rtp-01.txt) with a view to possibly accepting them as AVT work items  
in the future. While the details need to be worked out, is the view  
of the group that this general approach is reasonable?

Colin

On 1 Jun 2005, at 21:16, Dave Singer wrote:
> [The following attachment must be fetched by mail. Command-click  
> the URL below and send the resulting message to get the attachment.]
> <mailto:[email-masked]?body=ENCODING%20mime%0D%0AFILE%20/ 
> internet-drafts/draft-singer-rtp-hdrext-00.txt>
> [The following attachment must be fetched by ftp.  Command-click  
> the URL below to ask your ftp client to fetch it.]