Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-01.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:35:23 +0100

On 27 Apr 2005, at 20:49, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working  
> Group of the IETF.
>
>     Title        : MIME type registration for RTP Payload format  
> for H.224
>     Author(s)    : R. Even
>     Filename    : draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-01.txt
>     Pages        : 10
>     Date        : 2005-4-27
>
> In conversional video applications far end camera control protocol is
>    used by participants to control the remote camera.  The protocol  
> that
>    is commonly used is ITU H.281 over H.224.  The document  
> registers the
>    H224 media type.  It defines the syntax and the semantics of the  
> SDP
>    parameters needed to support far end camera control protocol using
>    H.281.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-01.txt

This version is more focussed on registration of a media type for H. 
224 over RTP, but still includes more material on H.281 than I think  
appropriate. The specification and motivation for this format is  
elsewhere, so this draft can be very simple and doesn't need explain  
how and why H.224 is used for FECC.  Keep it simple, with just the  
media type registration and the minimum extra material.

I also have a more specific comment: the media type registration  
template has recently been updated, and the draft should reference  
draft-freed-media-type-reg-04.txt and use the template included  
therein. Also, it could do with a careful editorial pass, proof- 
reading for punctuation and grammar.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt