Subject: [AVT] IPR rules - read before submitting a draft

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:41:58 +0100

Folks,

A reminder that the boilerplate text required at the start of all  
internet drafts has changed recently. You MUST ensure all drafts you  
submit conform to the terms in RFC 3978, otherwise the secretariat  
will reject your submission. Specifically:

  * All Internet-Drafts must have on the first page an intellectual  
property
rights (IPR) statement that says:

By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents
that any applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he
or she is aware have been or will be disclosed, and any of
which he or she becomes aware will be disclosed, in
accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

If you are using xml2rfc, this can be accomplished by updating the
'ipr' attribute in the 'rfc' element to refer to 3978. See
http://xml.resource.org/authoring/draft-mrose-writing-rfcs.html#ipr for
more information.

  * All Internet-Drafts must include the following statement:

Copyright (C) The Internet Society (2005).

  * All Internet-Drafts must include the following statement:

This document is subject to the rights, licenses
and restrictions contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth
therein, the authors retain all their rights.

  * All Internet-Drafts must include the following statement:

This document and the information contained herein
are provided on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE
ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE
INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM
ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT
INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt