Subject: RE: [AVT] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klemets-avt-rtp-vc1-00.txt]

From: "Anders Klemets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:38:58 -0700

If memory serves me right, AVT began considering RTP payload formats for
AVC and MPEG-4 before those specs were publicly available, so there is
precedence for this.

I can't say for sure when SMPTE 421M will be published, but the spec
needs to reach Draft Standard status first.  If I understand things
correctly, once a spec reaches Draft Standard status, they only allow
editorial changes, and specs are then approved for publication in
relatively short order.

I think it is possible that SMPTE C24 will decide to have a ballot about
whether or not to elevate the VC-1 spec to Draft Standard status, at
their meeting next week.  I will post something on this mailing list
once I learn more about the progression of the spec.

Anders

-----Original Message-----
From: David R Oran [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 10:49 AM
To: Anders Klemets
Cc: Keith Lantz; IETF AVT WG
Subject: Re: [AVT] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klemets-avt-rtp-vc1-00.txt]

Perhaps it would be wise for AVT to wait to discuss this draft until  
the codec spec is publically avaible?

Any idea when this will happen?

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:33:42 +0100

Anders, Dave,

This is an individual draft at present, so I don't see a problem.  
However, the working group would need access to the specification (or  
to sufficient details for us to conduct a meaningful review) before  
accepting this as a work item.

In any case, I'd certainly encourage SMPTE to make the details of the  
codec available for review before its definition is made final, in  
case there are unexpected features that make transport of the codec  
in RTP difficult.

Colin

---

From: "Stephan Wenger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:47:05 +0300

Hi Anders,
Minor correction: at least the H.264/AVC working drafts were publicly
available from even before the forming of JVT. 
Regards,
Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Anders
Klemets
Sent: Freitag, 8. Juli 2005 23:39
To: IETF AVT WG
Subject: RE: [AVT] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klemets-avt-rtp-vc1-00.txt]

Anders

---

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:56:38 +0200

Begin forwarded message:
> I will post something on this mailing list

good  idea,

have agreat day

marc
-- 
"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"
  www.let.de     www.cuseeme.de          www.applehelpers.com