Subject: [AVT] CFP: IEEE HWN-RMQ'06

From: "Youssef Iraqi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:39:59 -0400

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP, 
but please forward to anyone you believe may be interested -- thanks!]

                     CALL FOR PAPERS

==================================================================
           First IEEE International Workshop on
Heterogeneous Wireless Networks: Resource Management and QoS
                       (HWN-RMQ’06)
http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2006/conf_program/hwn-rmq_workshop/index.htm
                    In conjunction with
IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC’06)
         Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 7-10 January 2006
==================================================================

Scope

The fourth generation (4G) of wireless communications is expected to
integrate a potentially large number of different heterogeneous wireless
technologies in what could be considered a huge step forward towards
universal wireless access and omnipresent computing through seamless
mobility. Even though 4G standard is currently not defined, there are many
current outlooks that delineate the vision of the new wireless technologies.
Based on the emergent trends of mobile communication, 4G will have larger
bandwidth, higher data rates, smoother and quicker handoff and will focus on
guaranteeing faultless service and seamless handoff across a multitude of
wireless networks. The key concept is integrating the 4G capabilities with
all of the existing mobile technologies. Special maneuvers will be necessary
amongst different access systems in terms of horizontal (intra-system) and
vertical (inter-system) handoff as well as seamless mobility, Quality of
Service (QoS), dependability and security.

In this workshop, we solicit high quality papers from leading researchers
that present state-of-the-art research in heterogeneous wireless networks
dealing with resource management techniques and QoS provisioning.

Topics of Interest
            
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Interworking with 2.5G, 3G, and other wireless networks
- QoS provisioning for heterogeneous wireless networks
- End-to-End QoS Architectures
- Location, Mobility and Handoff Management
- Seamless vertical handoff techniques between different wireless networks
- Network selection criteria
- Resource management/allocation 
- Bandwidth adaptation 
- Power control and management 
- Load, admission, and flow control 
- Architecture design alternatives for heterogeneous wireless networks
- Performance analysis and experimentation of heterogeneous wireless
networks
- Pricing and billing issues
- Security techniques and methods for heterogeneous wireless networks 
- Heterogeneous wireless networks applications and measurements
- Simulation study of heterogeneous wireless networks
- Scalability of heterogeneous wireless networks
- Implementation and testbed experiments
- Standardization activities for heterogeneous wireless networks
- Heterogeneous multi-hop wireless networks

Important Dates 

- Paper submission:                   15 August    2005
- Notification of acceptance:         15 September 2005
- Final Paper submission:             14 October   2005

Paper Submissions
 
Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently
under review in any other conference or journal, and has not been previously
published. Paper length should not exceed five-page technical paper
manuscript. Please see author information page for submission guidelines at
CCNC’06 website (http://www.ieee-ccnc.org). Papers should be submitted in a
.pdf format through EDAS at http://edas.info/Paper.cgi?c=4602. Submissions
should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliations, fax and
telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. All accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings. At least one author of accepted
papers is required to register at the full registration rate.

Workshop Co-Chairs:

- Name       Nidal Nasser                  Mieso Denko
- E-mail     [email-masked]        [email-masked]
- URL  http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/~nasser  http://www.cis.uoguelph.ca/~denko
- Affiliation   University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada

Publicity Chair:
Youssef Iraqi 
University of Waterloo, Canada
[email-masked] 
http://bcr2.uwaterloo.ca/~iraqi/ 

Technical Program Committee (In progress)

- Khalid Al-Begain      University of Glamorgan              UK
- Hakim Badis           University of Paris-Sud XI           France 
- Tarek Bejaoui         University of Paris-Sud XI           France 
- Jiannong Cao          Hong Kong Polytechnic University     Hong Kong
- Soumaya Cherkaoui     University of Sherbrooke             Canada 
- Yuh-Shyan Chen        National Chung Cheng University      Taiwan 
- Javier Gozalvez       University Miguel Hernandez          Spain
- Christian Hartmann    Technische Universitat Munchen       Germany 
- Youssef Iraqi         University of Waterloo               Canada 
- Anup Kumar            University of Louisville             USA 
- Wei Li                The University of Toledo             USA 
- Jelena Misic          University of Manitoba               Canada 
- Mohamed Ould-Khaoua   University of Glasgow                UK 
- Burkhard Stiller      University of Zurich and ETH Zurich  Switzerland 
- Abd-Elhamid M. Taha   Queen's University                   Canada 
- Ljiljana Trajkovic    Simon Fraser University              Canada 
- Duc A. Tran           University of Dayton                 USA 
- Shahrokh Valaee       University of Toronto                Canada
- Quanhong Wang         Queen's University                   Canada 
- Kui Wu                University of Victoria               Canada 
- Jingyuan Zhang        The University of Alabama            USA 
- Weihua Zhuang         University of Waterloo               Canada 

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt