Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-02.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:34:51 -0400

I have submitted another update of the 2833bis data event draft.  This 
update includes the following changes:

1. Changed the V.8 bis event scheme as I proposed in a previous E-mail, 
so that the first and second segments of the signals are reported as 
separate events.  While I was at it, I streamlined the description of 
V.8 bis operation, mainly because the previous description had 
inaccuracies and it didn't seem appropriate to add the complexity 
necessary to tell the complete and correct story.

2. Added a section on handling of congestion for each application.

3. Added the V.32/V.32bis calling and called pattern events agreed in 
earlier discussion, along with a general description of the modem 
startup sequence.

4. For text messaging, deleted mention of Q.23 but noted the DTMF text 
terminal application, which is now described in the main 2833bis 
document along with DTMF events.

5. Added the XCIMark event for text messaging, as agreed in previous 
discussion.

6. Truncated the description of V.18 but added a description of the XCI 
signal and use of XCIMark, as agreed in previous discussion.

7. Ensured it was clear in the second example of section 4 that the 
voice content covered the same content as the events for the same period.

8. Updated the event registry in Table 9 according to the changes 
described in the previous items of this note.

9. Added references for V.32 and V.32 bis, and updated the references 
for CLEARMODE and text (RFC 4103).

10. Updated Scott Petrack's affiliation.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt