Subject: [AVT] RTCP XR - "high resolution metrics" draft

From: "Alan Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:44:55 -0400

A new I-D has been submitted and is now available in the Internet Drafts
database

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clark-avt-rtcpxr-bis-00.txt

This is an extended version of the draft informally presented by Amy
Pendleton at the last AVT meeting.

The draft describes a high resolution VoIP metrics block that aligns fairly
closely with other work in this area.  Existing RTCP XR VoIP metrics may not
provide the granularity needed for some backbone VoIP services and hence
this draft is a useful complement to RFC3611.  In addition, jitter metrics
have been included - one of which is a percentile based metric (i.e. what
proportion of packets arrived within a threshold jitter level).  The draft
also allows the algorithm used for call quality calculation to be reported,
and provides a more detailed set of payload related data.

Alan Clark
Telchemy

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt