Subject: [AVT] V.8 bis events in 2833bisdata

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:18:42 -0400

I'm rewriting the V.8 bis events in 2833bisdata based on recent 
discussion.  I'm hoping no one is wedded to the previous codepoints. 
Please let me know if there is a problem.

Here are the changes, pending comment.  I have a separate question on 
ESi and ESr which I pose below.  "Old meaning" includes two tone 
segments in the same event.  "New meaning" includes only one segment, 
either the first or the second.

Codepoint    Old Meaning    New Meaning

41             CRdi            CRd (seg 2)
42             CRdr          unused
43             CRe             CRe (seg 2)
44             ESi           unused??
45             ESr           unused??
46             MRdi            MRd (seg 2)
47             MRdr          unused
48             MRe             MRe (seg 2)
65            unused         V8bisInit (seg 1)
66            unused         V8bisResp (seg 1)

The question marks on ESi and ESr are because when they are isolated to 
a single segment they become identical (except for duration) to V.21 '1' 
bits in low and high channel respectively.  I am wondering if I should 
therefore assign the same codepoints (38 and 40) to them as are assigned 
to the V.21 bits.

Any concerns or objections?

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt