Subject: [Fwd: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-03.txt]

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:32:40 -0400

I have submitted draft-ietf-avt-2833bisdata-03.txt.  It incorporates 
changes made as a result of comments received from the modem experts at 
ITU-T SG 16.  Particular thanks to Keith Chu for his cooperation and 
comments.

I also made other changes, for two reasons: to adjust the normative 
language (considerably less of it, with the view that this document will 
be a tool kit for application designers), and to rationalize the story 
on the use of V.21 bit and indicator events.  Basically the thrust has 
been to allow designers to mix and match events and other payload types 
according to their needs, with the normative language reserved for 
places where there would otherwise be ambiguity.

The changes suggested by SG 16 and implemented are as follows:

1. changed the procedures for /ANSam, /ANS, and /CED to match the 
corresponding V.150.1 procedures.  These events now persist rather than 
alternate with their unbarred counterparts, and the receiver is 
responsible for performing phase reversals at 450 ms intervals without 
explicit prompting from the sender.

2. added indicator events for V.21 high channel and low channel at 300 
bits/s in the text telephony section, to complement the indicator event 
for V.21 low channel at 110 bits/s.

3. Editorial: the generic indicator event VBDGen has been moved from 
text telephony to a section of its own.

Please have a look and give your opinion, whether this document is ready 
for Last Call.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-03.txt
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:50:01 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of 
the IETF.

	Title		: Definition of Events For Modem, FAX, and Text Telephony Signals
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-03.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 2005-8-29
	
This memo updates RFC xxxx (currently draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-09)
    to add event codes for modem, FAX, and text telephony signals when
    carried in the telephony event RTP payload.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-03.txt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt