Subject: [AVT] Query regarding RTP fax Payload Type

From: "Gaurav Kheterpal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:43:23 +0530

Hello,

What is the payload identifier to be used for fax RTP payload as per the
ITU-T specification ? Is it a dyanmic PT value ? The ITU-T T.38 spec
mentions the values 49170 and 49172 for UDPTL and TCP respectively in
the example ?

Are these the standardized values ? Any help on this issue will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."
**********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:40:16 +0100

On 8 Aug 2005, at 11:13, Gaurav Kheterpal wrote:
> What is the payload identifier to be used for fax RTP payload as  
> per the ITU-T specification ? Is it a dyanmic PT value ? The ITU-T  
> T.38 spec mentions the values 49170 and 49172 for UDPTL and TCP  
> respectively in the example ?
>

No, these are not standard values. A dynamic payload type and UDP  
port is to be used, as with all modern RTP payload formats.

Colin