Subject: RE:-[AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt

From: "Evans, Mark [CTO]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:20:42 -0500

Would it be more efficient at this time to incorporate the VMR-WB Mode 4
functions as defined "draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-extension-00.txt" in to
the new VMR (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt).

The rational for doing this is:
*	the "extension" draft only really expands the frame type, mode
and RTP format tables in the "main" draft
*	Mode 4 isn't really extension any more since it included as a
standard mode in the latest 3GPP2 spec for VMR-WB/
Rgds

Mark Evans
Sprint Advanced Technology Labs
1 Adrian Ct 
Burlingame
CA 94010
Tel:650 375 4375
mailto:[email-masked]

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:50:01 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt 
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload
                          Format for the Variable-Rate Multimode 
                          Wideband (VMR-WB) Audio Codec
	Author(s)	: S. Ahmadi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-9-23
	
This document specifies a real-time transport protocol (RTP) payload
   format to be used for the Variable-Rate Multimode Wideband (VMR-WB)
   speech codec. The payload format is designed to be able to
   interoperate with existing VMR-WB transport formats on non-IP
   networks. A media type registration is included for VMR-WB RTP 
   payload format.

   VMR-WB is a variable-rate multimode wideband speech codec that has a
   number of operating modes, one of which is interoperable with AMR-WB
   (i.e., RFC 3267) audio codec at certain rates. Therefore, provisions
   have been made in this draft to facilitate and simplify data packet
   exchange between VMR-WB and AMR-WB in the interoperable mode with no
   transcoding function involved.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Evans, Mark [CTO]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:13:43 -0500

OK Thanks. I agree with your suggestion.

Rgds

Mark Evans

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:56 AM
To: Evans, Mark [CTO]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: -[AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt 

Mark,

On 26 Sep 2005, at 20:03, Evans, Mark [CTO] wrote:
> Would it be more efficient at this time to incorporate the VMR-WB  
> Mode 4 functions as defined "draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb- 
> extension-00.txt" in to the new VMR (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr- 
> wb-11.txt).

This change to draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-11.txt was made to address  
the final IESG review comments, before it is published as an RFC. Any  
other change made now would require us to re-do the IETF last call  
and IESG review, and would likely delay publication of the RFC for  
another year. Accordingly, I suggest we proceed with two separate  
drafts.

Colin