Subject: [AVT] maximum duration between packets in the silence period

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:09:04 +0200

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a maximum time duration between two 
packets in a silence period (excepted the limit given by the timestamp 
probably). 

For example, I have a G729 user traffic with VAD. On silence detection, 
the transmitter will generate a packet with a silence descriptor. I 
understand that a new packet is transmitted only if voice  is detected or 
SID update is necessary. But if we detect a very long silence period 
without any change, is there a constraint to send an update SID packet at 
regular interval. I took G729 codec but I have the same question for the 
other types of codec.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Yannick STEPHAN

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt