Subject: [AVT] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13 and draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-13

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:05:51 +0100

This announces the working group last call for "RTP Payload Format for 
MIDI" to be published as proposed standard and "An Implementation Guide 
for RTP MIDI" as informational RFC. Unless substantial issues has been 
raised before 12.00 CET the 5th of December we will request publication 
of this document.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-13.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-13.txt

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund
AVT Chair

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:45:20 +0100

Hi,

I do have some comments on the guidelines draft.

1. Figure 1 SDP example could benefit from an b:AS or b:TIAS attribute
to indicate the amount of bandwidth the session uses. As RTCP I guess is
going to be used, I think the inclusion of b=RR and b=RS is also
beneficial to set the necessary bandwidth for RTCP. Otherwise 5% of a
midi session may be to little.

2. Section 5.1:

typedef struct jsend_chapterw {  /* Pitch Wheel (0xE) */
    uint8  chapterw[RFC3550]; /* bitfield Figure A.5.1 [RTPMIDI] */
    uint32 seqnum;      /* extended sequence number, or 0 */
   } jsend_chapterw;

The array with RFC3550 number of elements seems strange. Find and 
replace error?

There are further arrays that are initialized with RFC3551, fix also these.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund