Subject: [AVT] Announcement of Real Time Security list

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:13:00 -0400

Following our discussion in the RAI Open Area Meeting in Dallas a few weeks ago on the many strategies circulating for securing RTP, we've formed a new mailing list in order to further refine our understanding of the problem space and figure out a way forward.

Subscription information for the list is available here. 

<http://www.imc.org/ietf-rtpsec/>

The agenda item from the RAI Open Meeting, including the list of associated drafts, is pasted below. Interested parties, please move discussion of these documents to this list.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

----

    There are many proposal discussing keying for RTP when used with SIP.
    These issues cross SIPPING, MMUSIC, AVT, and MSEC.
    What are the common underling requirements driving these proposals?
    At the high level what are the various architectures?
    What cross WG architectural level question do we need to answer?
    Can we come to consensus on high level approaches we would like to
    investigate?

        RFC 3830 (MIKEY)
        RFC 3711 (SRTP)
        draft-ietf-msec-mikey-rsa-r-02
        draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12
        draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-15
        draft-wing-mmusic-sdes-early-media-00
        draft-mcgrew-srtp-ekt-00
        draft-baugher-mmusic-sdp-dh-00
        draft-zimmerman-avt-zrtp-00
        draft-tschofenig-avt-rtp-dtls-00
        draft-fischl-sipping-media-dtls-0
        draft-fischl-mmusic-sdp-dtls-00
        draft-rescorla-tls-partial-00
        draft-modadugu-dtls-short-00
        draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00
        draft-ietf-msec-mikey-dhhmac-11
        draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-01
        draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-02

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

@ietf.org>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
	<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] Announcement of Real Time Security list

Following our discussion in the RAI Open Area Meeting in Dallas a few weeks ago on the many strategies circulating for securing RTP, we've formed a new mailing list in order to further refine our understanding of the problem space and figure out a way forward.

Subscription information for the list is available here. 

<http://www.imc.org/ietf-rtpsec/>

The agenda item from the RAI Open Meeting, including the list of associated drafts, is pasted below. Interested parties, please move discussion of these documents to this list.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

----

    There are many proposal discussing keying for RTP when used with SIP.
    These issues cross SIPPING, MMUSIC, AVT, and MSEC.
    What are the common underling requirements driving these proposals?
    At the high level what are the various architectures?
    What cross WG architectural level question do we need to answer?
    Can we come to consensus on high level approaches we would like to
    investigate?

        RFC 3830 (MIKEY)
        RFC 3711 (SRTP)
        draft-ietf-msec-mikey-rsa-r-02
        draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-12
        draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-15
        draft-wing-mmusic-sdes-early-media-00
        draft-mcgrew-srtp-ekt-00
        draft-baugher-mmusic-sdp-dh-00
        draft-zimmerman-avt-zrtp-00
        draft-tschofenig-avt-rtp-dtls-00
        draft-fischl-sipping-media-dtls-0
        draft-fischl-mmusic-sdp-dtls-00
        draft-rescorla-tls-partial-00
        draft-modadugu-dtls-short-00
        draft-fries-msec-mikey-applicability-00
        draft-ietf-msec-mikey-dhhmac-11
        draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-01
        draft-saito-mmusic-ipsec-negotiation-req-02

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt