Subject: [AVT] Comments on EAC-3 RTP payload format

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:14:31 +0200

Hi,

I have reviewed draft-ietf-avt-rtp-eac3-00.txt and have two comments:

1. The definition of bitStreamConfig parameter is not clear on how to 
determine which streams belong to which program. I think there needs to 
be some explanation on the seperator. From the example it seems that a 
requirement to order "i" before "d" and any new "i" is a new program 
would solve the issue.

2. Section 5.2:
"To ensure interoperability with
       receivers which support the AC-3 payload format, but not the
       E-AC-3 payload format, a sender which desires to send an AC-3 bit
       stream in the E-AC-3 payload format SHOULD also offer the session
       in the AC-3 payload format by including attribute lines for both
       media sub-types: 'ac3' and 'eac3'."

I would propose to change "including attribute lines for both" to 
"include payload types for both"

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:24:37 +0100

On 4 Apr 2006, at 13:14, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> 1. The definition of bitStreamConfig parameter is not clear on how  
> to determine which streams belong to which program. I think there  
> needs to be some explanation on the seperator. From the example it  
> seems that a requirement to order "i" before "d" and any new "i" is  
> a new program would solve the issue.
>
> 2. Section 5.2:

If these changes are acceptable, I suggest we take them as last call  
comments and submit an updated draft containing them when the last  
call period ends.

Colin