Subject: [AVT] Open source ITU-T G.1050 IP impairment simulation/ emulation software

From: "Alan Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:38:52 -0400

AVT participants may be interested in the new ITU-T G.1050 / TIA 921 IP
impairment simulation/emulation model.  The model uses an impulse driven
time series model to emulate the packet delays introduced by a network
"stage", which may be a LAN, access router etc.  and network stages can be
cascaded to represent a network scenario.  This approach generates fairly
reaslistic IP impairments vs traditional network emulators and is hence
useful for testing packet voice and video systems.
 
Telchemy developed the original algorithm for this and also developed the
reference implementation associated with the TIA and ITU projects.  We
decided to make this available free of any Telchemy IPR and also to make the
source code freely available; several companies have also developed
commercial network emulators that use this algorithm.  Obviously, if anyone
would like copies of the associated TIA and ITU standards they would need to
purchase these from TIA and ITU respectively.   The software and some
documentation is available on
<BLOCKED::http://www.telchemy.com/telsim.html> www.telchemy.com/telsim.html
- we would welcome technical comments related to this software, and would
appreciate feedback on applications. 

Alan Clark
Telchemy

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt