Subject: [AVT] Call dor Participation - , Networking2006

From: "Jorge Sa Silva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:23:47 +0100

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

2006 International Workshop 

"Towards the QoS Internet", To-QoS'2006

University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal,

May 19, 2006

To be held in conjunction with "2006 IFIP Networking Conference"

http://networking2006.dei.uc.pt/workshops.htm

===========================

Workshop Purpose

================

Providing Quality of Service (QoS) into the Internet requires implementation
at the network level a variety of mechanisms and algorithms dealing with the
call and packet handling, network resource managing etc. In addition, they
should operate at different time scales, from the time scale of milliseconds
for handling packets in the routers up till the longer time scale, say
hours, for performing some actions to manage network resources in an optimum
way. Furthermore, a signalling system is extremely required to inform the
network about the user-application needs. As a consequence, enhanced
QoS-oriented architectures mainly based on DiffServ concept are currently
investigated and tested in research networks. Anyway, to provide QoS we need
to make an essential update of current Internet infrastructure. The workshop
is aimed at presenting and discussing current activities in this area,
including the results coming from running research projects.

Detailed Scope

==============

 * Architectures for assuring QoS in the Internet

 * QoS aware applications

 * Enhanced Transport Protocols

 * QoS routing

 * QoS mechanisms in access and core networks

 * Inter-domain aspects

 * Classes of service

 * Admission Control

 * PHB mechanisms

 * Monitoring and measurement systems

 * Scalability

 * End-to-end QoS

 * Signaling systems

Workshop Organizer

==================

Wojciech Burakowski, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland

Technical Program Committee

===========================

Christof Brandauer, Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft, Austria

Torsten Braun, Technical University of Bern, Switzerland

Jose Brazio, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal

Franco Davoli, CNIT, Italy

Michel Diaz, LAAS, France

Michael Ditze, University of Padeborn, Germany

Olivier Dugeon, FTRD, France

Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden

Jose Enriquez Gabeiras, Telefonica I+D, Spain

Udo Krieger, Otto-Friedrich Universitat Bamberg, Germany

Michael Menth, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

Michaela Meo, Politecnico Torino, Italy

Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy

Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal

Andrzej Pach, AGH, Cracow, Poland

Martin Potts, Martel, Switzerland

George Prezerakos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece 

Stefano Salsano, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy

Halina Tarasiuk, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland

Armando Ferro Vázquez, E.T.S.I. de Bilbao, Spain

Giorgio Ventre, Universita di Napoli, Italy

Manuel Villen, Telefonica I+D, Spain

Sabine Wittevrongel, Ghent University, Belgium

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt