Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-02.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:50:08 +0100

Qiaobing,

I've reviewed draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-02.txt, and have  
the following (mostly editorial) comments:

1) The document structure would be better if the introduction came  
first, followed by the conventions used in the document.

2) The media type registrations in section 5 need to be updated to  
match the current MIME template, and to follow RTP usage conventions.  
Please review the rfc3555bis draft and use the template therein.

3) In order to add parameters to a media type, it is necessary to  
include a complete revised registration template. Accordingly,  
section 5.5 needs to include updated versions of the templates from  
RFC 3558.

4) In section 5.5, please add a discussion of backwards compatibility  
issues when using the new parameters.

5) A file storage format is defined in section 7, but doesn't appear  
to be used. I would suggest you use an existing standard file format,  
rather than inventing one here, but if you do wish to use the format  
in section 7, it needs to be referenced from the media type templates  
(or registered as a separate type -- see rfc3555bis for discussion of  
the appropriate choice).

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Qiaobing Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:47:58 -0500

Hi, Colin,

Thank you for your review comments. I will update the draft and produce 
a -03 version shortly.

regards,
-Qiaobing

Colin Perkins wrote:

> Qiaobing,
> 
> I've reviewed draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-02.txt, and have  the 
> following (mostly editorial) comments:
> 
> include a complete revised registration template. Accordingly,  section 
> 5.5 needs to include updated versions of the templates from  RFC 3558.
> 
> 5) A file storage format is defined in section 7, but doesn't appear  to 
> be used. I would suggest you use an existing standard file format,  
> rather than inventing one here, but if you do wish to use the format  in 
> section 7, it needs to be referenced from the media type templates  (or 
> registered as a separate type -- see rfc3555bis for discussion of  the 
> appropriate choice).
> 
> Colin
>