Subject: [AVT] Review of UEMCLIP payload format requested

From: yusuke hiwasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:02:39 +0900

Hi all,

We have developed a speech codec called UEMCLIP, which is an ITU-T
G.711-based wideband scalable codec. Since it is based on G.711, it
has a high interoperability with existing IP telephone terminals that
are implemented with mandatory G.711. This feature is especially
useful when considering a multiple-point wideband conferencing when a
terminal with narrowband capabilities joins, because this would
require costly transcoding or all terminals falling down to narrowband
speech quality. Having developed this codec, together with an
implementation on a hands-free conference terminal and a wideband
handset IP-telephone, we would now like to it put into service.

It should be noted that this codec has not been approved by any
standard bodies and is a closed algorithm at the momemnt. However, the
main intention of developing this codec is for use over NTT's Next
Generation Network (NGN) which is planned to put into service in Dec
2007. This network will have an open policy that allows connection
with the Internet. We would like to spread the use of this codec by
also making the algorithm publicly available.

So, I would first like to ask you experts to review the draft and give
us your comments.

Secondly, I would like you to discuss on the degree of 

The URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hiwasaki-avt-rtp-uemclip-00.txt

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,
Yusuke
--
============
Yusuke Hiwasaki, NTT Cyber Space Labs.
[email-masked]
Tel: +81-422-59-4815 (Fax: +81-422-60-7811)

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: yusuke hiwasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:46:47 +0900

Hi again,

Oops, I mistakingly sent the mail in the process of editing. Sorry
about that.

At Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:02:39 +0900,
yusuke hiwasaki wrote:
(snip)
> Secondly, I would like you to discuss on the degree of 

The above should read:

  Secondly, I would like you to ask if this can become a WG document or
  not. 

> Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Yusuke