Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:50:08 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiplexing RTP Data and Control Packets on a Single Port
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, M. Westerlund
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2006-10-26
	
This memo discusses issues that arise when multiplexing RTP data
   packets and RTP control protocol (RTCP) packets on a single UDP port.
   It updates RFC 3550 to describe when such multiplexing is, and is
   not, appropriate, and explains how the Session Description Protocol
   (SDP) can be used to signal multiplexed sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:58:33 +0100

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp- 

Changes in this version include:

- Clarify expected behaviour of implementations that understand a=rtcp:,
   but don't support this memo

- Expand discussion of interactions with ICE

- Expand discussion of SIP forking.

- Clarify failure behaviour during offer/answer negotiation

- Add "Interactions with Header Compression" section.

- Split Section 5.1 into multiple sub-sections

Colin