Subject: How you pay duty depends on how your goods were shipped.

From: macaroni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:49:08 +0700

For example, antique silver teapot, silk kimono, 18-karat gold rope
necklace. Therefore, the Incoterms may not be of use when looking to
resolve disputes that may arise regarding payment or ownership of goods.
How can I tell if something is SME?

Used for sea or inland waterway transportation. Buyer is obligated for
import clearance.

Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D. In the case of a
single noncommercial shipment, a relative or other individual may act as
the importer's agent for customs purposes.

If your goods are sent by a courier or express service, their brokers
will usually handle the paperwork, and bill you for their services.

company and the foreign distributor are established by contract.

Today, a total of 27 customs administrations have committed to join CSI
and are in various stages of implementation. Terms such as FOB and CIF
can be used only for ocean bound freight.

This bond is useful to the importer who is involved in trade throughout
the year.

Be aware that this is not necessarily the country where the item was
purchased. Copies of the DOT bond and the contract with an RI must be
attached to the HS-7 form.

Lists of brokers can be found on the port pages of Customs web site.

Search results are displayed in ranked order for relevant pages.

Some commodities are also subject to an import quota or a restraint
under bilateral trade agreements and arrangements. In fact, transactions
are often conductedbetween wholesalers and clients that have
long-standing businessrelationships.