Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio
	Author(s)	: L. Barbato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2007-4-9
	
This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting Vorbis
   encoded audio.  It details the RTP encapsulation mechanism for raw
   Vorbis data and details the delivery mechanisms for the decoder
   probability model, referred to as a codebook and other setup
   information.

   Also included within this memo are media type registrations, and the
   details necessary for the use of Vorbis with the Session Description
   Protocol (SDP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:04:36 +0100

Luca, all,

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.txt

Thanks for updating this draft. I think this version is in pretty  
good shape, although there are a number of minor issues that should  
be resolved before it can be published as an RFC.

First of all, there are a number of 'nits' found by the automated  
checker: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avt/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis/draft- 
ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.nits.txt

The media type registrations use an old MIME registration template  
(or a variation on it), and should be updated to match the new  
template. Please follow the instructions in, and reference, RFC 4855,  
and ensure the change controller is listed as "IETF AVT Working Group  
delegated from the IESG", rather than just the working group.

Both media type registrations should be included in the IANA  
Considerations section (or, at least, referenced from it).

For the "delivery-method" media type parameter, is the  
"specific_name" part of the out_band method needed, or can it be  
inferred from the configuration URI? It would ease registration if it  
can be inferred.

The offer/answer considerations section should specify if the  
parameters are declarative or negotiated. Section 3.3.2 of draft-ietf- 
avt-rtp-howto-01.txt has some guidance on this.

These are all relatively minor issues, which should be possible to  
fix relatively quickly.

Cheers,
-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:04:36 +0100

Luca, all,

Cheers,
-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:04:36 +0100

Luca, all,

Cheers,
-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Luca Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:46:03 +0200

Colin Perkins wrote:
> checker:
> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avt/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-02.nits.txt
> 

Ok, I'm having problems in putting intended status in xml2rfc in the
correct way, beside that all nits should be fixed in svn

> 
> The media type registrations use an old MIME registration template (or a
> variation on it), and should be updated to match the new template.
> Please follow the instructions in, and reference, RFC 4855, and ensure
> the change controller is listed as "IETF AVT Working Group delegated
> from the IESG", rather than just the working group.

Ack, is there an xml2rfc template around I could pillage?

> Considerations section (or, at least, referenced from it).

I moved the packed header registration to the IANA consideration section

> 
> For the "delivery-method" media type parameter, is the "specific_name"
> part of the out_band method needed, or can it be inferred from the
> configuration URI? It would ease registration if it can be inferred.

I think it's ok, I'll drop the specifc_name item in the next commit.

> 
> The offer/answer considerations section should specify if the parameters
> are declarative or negotiated. Section 3.3.2 of
> draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-01.txt has some guidance on this.

ok

> 
> These are all relatively minor issues, which should be possible to fix
> relatively quickly.

I'll submit another revision during this week once I'll reshape the IANA
section to be compliant.

Thank you for the comments

lu

-- 

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:22:07 +0100

On 17 Apr 2007, at 16:46, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> (or a

Not of the XML, but just copy the text from a recent RTP payload  
format RFC.

Thanks,
Colin