Subject: [AVT] RFC 4867 on RTP Payload Format and File Storage Format for the Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) and Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) Audio Codecs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:21:02 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4867

        Title:      RTP Payload Format and File 
                    Storage Format for the Adaptive Multi-Rate 
                    (AMR) and Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) 
                    Audio Codecs 
        Author:     J. Sjoberg, M. Westerlund,
                    A. Lakaniemi, Q. Xie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      59
        Characters: 139584
        Obsoletes:  RFC3267
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-amr-bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4867.txt

This document specifies a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format to be used for Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) and Adaptive
Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) encoded speech signals.  The payload
format is designed to be able to interoperate with existing AMR and
AMR-WB transport formats on non-IP networks.  In addition, a file
format is specified for transport of AMR and AMR-WB speech data in
storage mode applications such as email.  Two separate media type
registrations are included, one for AMR and one for AMR-WB,
specifying use of both the RTP payload format and the storage
format.  This document obsoletes RFC 3267.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt