Subject: [AVT] Non-compound RTCP as work item?

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:17:46 +0100

The consensus of the meeting in Chicago was to take the draft on non- 
compound RTCP (draft-johansson-avt-rtcp-avpf-non-compound-02.txt) as  
an AVT work item. This would involve adding the following text to the  
charter:

  - to specify how the RFC 3550 requirement on RTCP senders to always
    send compound packets can be relaxed to allow for non-compound
    packets. The specification need to define under which criteria
    non-compound RTCP packets may be sent while maintaining the
    functionality that motivated the usage of compound RTCP packets
    and keep the bandwidth within specified limits.

with a milestone of:

  - Sep 2008 Submit Non-Compound usage specification for Proposed  
Standard

Since not all working group members attended the Chicago meeting,  
this note is to solicit input on this proposal from the wider group.  
Please comment on this to the mailing list by 7th August 2007.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt