Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: 'Extended Secure RTP Profile for RTCP-based Feedback (RTP/SAVPF)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:18:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extended Secure RTP Profile for RTCP-based Feedback (RTP/SAVPF) '
   <draft-ietf-avt-profile-savpf-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-savpf-12.txt

Technical Summary

This memo specifies an RTP profile that combines the features of SRTP 
(SAVP) and the Extended Profile for RTCP-based Feedback (AVPF). Thus 
allowing SRTP's security functions, encryption and integrity protection 
to be used in session which requires more timely RTCP feedback than what 
AVP provides. Rules for how multiple profiles may be offered in SDP 
under offer/answer are also defined.

 Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Protocol Quality

The combination of the two profiles are basically orthogonal. Thus no 
new algorithms or other advanced features was needed to be define for 
this profile. The main new functionality is the signalling solution 
which has been reviewed both in AVT and MMUSIC.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt