Subject: [AVT] REVISED Document Action: 'RTP Topologies' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:12:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Topologies '
   <draft-ietf-avt-topologies-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-topologies-07.txt

Technical Summary
When working on the Codec Control Messages, draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm,
considerable confusion was noticed in the community with respect to terms
such as MCU, mixer, and translator, and their usage in various topologies.
This document tries to address this confusion by providing a common
information basis for future discussion and specification work. It
attempts to clarify and explain sections of the RTP spec in RFC3550 in an
informal way. It is not intended to update or change what is normatively
specified within RFC 3550. 

Working Group Summary
The document has been reviewed by the AVT working group and all open
issues were addressed 

Document Quality
This is an informational RFC describing existing topologies and defining
the terms to identify them in other work.

Personnel
Roni Even is the document shepherd.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt