Subject: [AVT] DTLS-SRTP Key Transport

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:55:37 -0800

(I posted to RTPSEC a few days ago but the crickets were drowning out the
responses.  heh.)

As you all know, IETF has selected DTLS-SRTP as its preferred SRTP key
management protocol.  To date, we have purposefully restrained DTLS-SRTP to
work with unicast, point-to-point sessions.  The DTLS-SRTP Key Transport
extension allows performing group keying, which eliminates the need for an
audio bridge or video switching device to rekey SRTP for every listener.

If there is interest in this problem or this I-D's approach to solve the
problem I can present this at the AVT meeting in Vancouver.

Comments welcome.

-d

-----

	Title           : Datagram TLS Secure RTP (DTLS-SRTP) Key Transport
	Author(s)       : D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2007-11-11

The existing DTLS-SRTP specification allows SRTP keys to be
established between a pair of SRTP endpoints.  However, when there
are more than two participants in an RTP session, DTLS-SRTP is unable
to provide a single key for all of the participants.

This document describes an extension to DTLS-SRTP which transports
SRTP keying material from one DTLS-SRTP peer to another, so the same
SRTP keying material can be used by multiple DTLS-SRTP peers.  This
reduces or eliminates the need to key each SRTP session individually.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-avt-dtls-srtp-key-transport-00.
txt

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt