Subject: [AVT] Incoming liaison from MPEG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:53:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

we have received a liaison statement from MPEG, on the subject of
performance of SVC.  A short excerpt:

  The results of these tests indicate that these various types of
  scalability for these applications can be achieved with a bit rate
  overhead typically equal to or less than 10% compared to AVC single layer
  coding using only the highest resolution in the test case. The bit rate
  savings obtained by SVC compared to AVC simulcast transmission  depend on
  the particular test case, and were found to be between 17% and 40% of the
  simulcast bit rate.

No action from our side is requested.

The liaison statement, mostly in winword and xls format, can be found at
the usual location: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/

Regards,
Stephan

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt