Subject: [AVT] iLBC Help reqd.

From: "Supriya Kher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:18:40 -0500

Hi,
 THis is regarding iLBC Codec.

 I would like to know as to what is the impairment caused by the iLBC codec
 I mean what is the value of *equipment impairment factor Ie* ( as defined
in G.107 E-Model Standardization )
 for iLBC codec ?
 The standard G.107 does not talk about the Ie values for this codec type?

 I need this value, since I need to analyze the behavior of the codec for
varying packet loss and delay conditions.
 BUT I find NO Ie values for varying packet loss conditions for iLBC, as
stated for other codec types within the standard.

 Awaiting your response,

 thanks
 Supriya
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Randell Jesup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:23:29 -0500

> The standard G.107 does not talk about the Ie values for this codec type?

Without checking, I imagine that G.107 predates iLBC.

>varying packet loss and delay conditions.

I also suspect that iLBC may be hard to fit into older less-stateful models
of codecs and how they respond to packet loss, but since I know nothing
about g.107 that's purely speculation.

-- 
Randell Jesup, Worldgate (developers of the Ojo videophone), ex-Amiga OS team
[email-masked]
"The fetters imposed on liberty at home have ever been forged out of the weapons
provided for defence against real, pretended, or imaginary dangers from abroad."
		- James Madison, 4th US president (1751-1836)