Subject: [AVT] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 11:06:59 -0700

Here is a minor revision. I fixed a few acronyms and the security
considerations section.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-
01.txt

Could we proceed to make this draft a work item? This draft will be
presented in July.

Questions, comments?
-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:01 AM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Cc: Dong Hsu (dohsu); Michael Lague (mlague)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-01.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTCP XR
Creation_date:	 2008-05-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).  One of the initial
XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding (RLE) Report
Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the individual
Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss events
experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the transmission of the
report.  The new report, which is referred to as the Post-repair Loss
RLE Report, carries the information regarding the remaining lost packets
after all error-repair techniques are applied.  By comparing the RTP
packet receipts/losses before and after the error repair is completed,
one can determine the effectiveness of the error-repair techniques in an
aggregated fashion.  This document also defines the signaling of the
Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt