Subject: [AVT] draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:02:31 -0700

Here is a new draft for a new RTCP XR Report BT.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-
00.txt

Comments are welcome.

-acbegen 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 3:04 PM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Cc: Dong Hsu (dohsu); Michael Lague (mlague)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Post-Repair Loss RLE Report Block Type for RTCP XR
Creation_date:	 2008-05-19
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
This document defines a new report block type within the framework of
Real-time Transport Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XR).
One of the initial XR report block types is the Loss Run Length Encoding
(RLE) Report Block.  This report conveys the information regarding the
individual Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) packet receipt and loss
events experienced during the RTCP interval preceding the transmission
of the report.  The new report, which is referred to as the Post-repair
Loss RLE Report, carries the information regarding the remaining lost
packets after all error- repair techniques are applied.  By comparing
the RTP packet receipts/ losses before and after the error repair is
completed, one can determine the effectiveness of the error-repair
techniques in an aggregated fashion.  This document also defines the
signaling of the Post-repair Loss RLE Report in the Session Description
Protocol (SDP).

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt