Subject: [AVT] RFC 5244 on Definition of Events for Channel-Oriented Telephony Signalling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5244

        Title:      Definition of Events for Channel-Oriented 
                    Telephony Signalling 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, T. Taylor
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 55321
        Updates:    RFC4733

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833biscas-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5244.txt

This memo updates RFC 4733 to add event codes for telephony signals
used for channel-associated signalling when carried in the telephony
event RTP payload.  It supersedes and adds to the original assignment
of event codes for this purpose in Section 3.14 of RFC 2833.  As
documented in Appendix A of RFC 4733, some of the RFC 2833 events have
been deprecated because their specification was ambiguous, erroneous,
or redundant.  In fact, the degree of change from Section 3.14 of RFC
2833 is such that implementations of the present document
will be fully backward compatible with RFC 2833 implementations only
in the case of full ABCD-bit signalling.  This document expands and
improves the coverage of signalling systems compared to RFC 2833.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt