Subject: [AVT] ICNP 2008: Call for Student Posters

From: James Minseok Kwon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:54:23 -0400 (EDT)

[Sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call for Student Posters]

                           Call for Student Posters

                                 ICNP 2008
         The 16th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols
                            Orlando, Florida, USA
                             October 19-22, 2008
           http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/fahmy/icnp2008/index.html

ICNP 2008 will hold a student poster session to showcase "work-in-progress".
The poster session  will  provide  a great  chance for students to obtain
feedback on their ongoing research from knowledgeable conference attendees.
The primary contributor to the work (first author) must be a student.
Posters will be reviewed by members of the Poster Session Committee.
At the conference,  posters must be presented by a student.
Posters submitted to this call for papers should not be abbreviations  of
published papers.

Important Dates

  * Submission deadline: August 8, 2008, (Fri 23:59 PDT)

      Electronic submission address: [email-masked]
             Use Subject Line: ICNP 2008 poster submission

  * Notification of decisions: August 29, 2008
  * Final version of abstracts: September 4, 2008

What  to  submit: You need to submit a two-page abstract (font at least 11pt)
describing the work. The abstract should identify the key  contribution  of
the work being presented in the poster. In addition, it should describe the
particular  problem  being  addressed,  what  makes  this problem interesting
or important, and what your approach is to the problem. Preference will be
given to new and exciting problems as opposed to  thorough but incremental
pieces of work.  Please use the IEEE conference proceedings style (2-column)
when preparing your abstract. For each author, please include institutional
affiliation and status (student, faculty, and so on) and an email address of
the contact author.  In the final version of the abstract, you should also
include a URL that will provide additional information about your work to the
attendees.

Your abstract should not exceed the page limit  and  the  font size;
non-conforming  submissions will not be considered for review. Please
remember that the submitted abstract should be in PDF  format. Word
documents will not be accepted.

Accepted poster authors will have a chance to  revise  their  abstract prior
to printing.  We will distribute the abstracts to all conference attendees in
addition to the conference proceedings.

Registration: At least one person must be registered  for  the  conference
to  present  the poster.

What the final poster should be like:

We define a poster to be 12 pages 8.5in x11in  (letter  size)  on which  you
can  affix visually appealing material that describes your
research. Alternatively you can use the space as a  continuum.  You can
arrange the space and orient the poster either horizontally or
vertically. You should prepare the best material (visually appealing and
succinct) that effectively communicates your research problem, techniques,
results, and what is novel and  important about your work.
We will provide poster board and stands for you to affix your poster
materials to.

Posters Review Committee:

Jim Griffioen, University of Kentucky (Chair)
George Rouskas, NC State University
Dan Massey, Colorado State University

For questions: Email [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt