Subject: [AVT] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-01]

From: Rolf Blom J <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:02:29 +0100

Dear All!

We have updated our draft on "SRTP store and forward". We have

o  Done a rewrite of the introduction to give a better initial
understanding of the problem we try
to solve

o  Added media distribution as an important use cases.

o  Further developed and detailed the
solution outline

We look forward to your comments.

Rolf

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

New Version Notification for
draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-01

Date:

Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:25:55 -0800 (PST)

From:

IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>

To:

[email-masked]

CC:

[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Rolf Blom and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename: draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward
Revision: 01
Title: SRTP Store and Forward
Creation_date: 2008-11-03
WG ID: Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 24

Abstract:
The Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) was designed to allow
simple and efficient protection of RTP. To provide this, encryption
and authentication of media and control signaling are tightly coupled
to the RTP session, and to the information in the RTP header. Hence,
in general it is not possible to perform store and forward of
protected media.

This document gives, based on a use case analysis, requirements that
SRTP and new SRTP transforms need to satisfy in order to allow secure
store-and-forward operation. A first proposal on how to introduce
the needed new functionality and transforms in SRTP is also
presented.

The IETF Secretariat.

--
Rolf Blom, Ph.D. Expert, Mobile Communications Security, Ericsson Research
Postal address: Ericsson AB, SE-164 80 STOCKHOLM, Sweden
Tel: +46 8 585 317 07, GSM: +46 70 572 99 16, Fax: +46 8 404 70 20

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you
in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission
and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to datacorruption,
interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and
we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not
liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering
or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt