Subject: [AVT] Comment on draft-hoene-avt-rtp-sbc-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:26:58 -0700

So it looks like this can cary ATRAC, MPEG 1,2 Audio and MPEG 2,4 AAC  
as well as SBC but there are already other ways to negotiate those.  
Would it make sense to restrict this to only have the SBC codec in the  
payload? I'm worried that a proliferation of ways to do the same thing  
will reduce interoperability.

I also wonder about a conflict between the sampling frequency and  
related things in the SDP capabilities line and the stuff in the  
rtpmap line. I'd have a slight preference for only specifying the  
information once.

Cullen in my individual contributor role

PS - The speed of light is not in favor of your desired latency on the  
internet

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:31:03 +0100

Hello Cullen,

thank you for your comments.

> So it looks like this can carry ATRAC, MPEG 1,2 Audio and MPEG 2,4 AAC

Yes, we have restricted it to support SBC only.

> rtpmap line. I'd have a slight preference for only specifying the

Yes, in the next version we will change the attributes accordingly.

> PS - The speed of light is not in favor of your desired latency on the

It work only on short distances (up 3500 km) not globally.

Does somebody else have comments on
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hoene-avt-rtp-sbc-00.txt
before we will update it?
 
Christian

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:04:13 -0600

Sounds good, thanks.