Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: 'Associating Time-codes with RTP streams' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:49:14 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Associating Time-codes with RTP streams '
   <draft-ietf-avt-smpte-rtp-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-smpte-rtp-15.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes a method to inform RTP clients when RTP
packets are transmitted at a time other than their 'nominal'
transmission time. It also provides a mechanism to provide improved
inter-arrival jitter reports from the clients, that take into account
the reported transmission times. 

Working Group Summary

This RTP header extension was first defined within
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext
as an initial application of the RTP header extension mechanism that draft
defines. As a result of WG discussion in July, 2006, it was moved to a 
separate draft. Additional discussion resulted in further changes up
through 
Working Group Last Call. There is a strong Working Group consensus in
favour 
of the present document. 

Document Quality 

Solicited review comments from Qiaobing Xie and Ron Frederick provided a
final polish to the document. 

Personnel 

Tom Taylor is the Document Shepherd for this document

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt