Subject: [AVT] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5215 (1667)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:24:43 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5215,
"RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5215&eid=1667

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 10, pg.23

Original Text
-------------
   RTP packets using this payload format are subject to the security
|  considerations discussed in the RTP specification [RFC3550], the
|  base64 specification [RFC4648], and the URI Generic syntax
|  specification [RFC3986].  [...]

Corrected Text
--------------
   RTP packets using this payload format are subject to the security
|  considerations discussed in the RTP specification [RFC3550] and the
|  base64 specification [RFC4648].  [...]

Notes
-----
Rationale:

The published RFC does not make use of embedded or explicit URIs.
Consequently the Security Considerations from RFC 3986 seem to be
irrelevant.

Arguably, the ref. to [RFC4648] only applies to the SDP, not the
RTP packets themselves; further text changes in support of this
observation have been set aside for brevity.

Note:
The entry [RFC3986] in Section 13.1 can be deleted after the
above change.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5215 (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : L. Barbato
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt