Subject: [AVT] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5215 (1659)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:23:17 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5215,
"RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5215&eid=1659

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.2, pg.6

Original Text
-------------
   This field specifies the kind of Vorbis data stored in this RTP
   packet.  There are currently three different types of Vorbis
   payloads.  Each packet MUST contain only a single type of Vorbis
   packet (e.g., you must not aggregate configuration and comment
   packets in the same RTP payload).

      0 = Raw Vorbis payload

      1 = Vorbis Packed Configuration payload

      2 = Legacy Vorbis Comment payload

      3 = Reserved

Corrected Text
--------------
   This field specifies the kind of Vorbis data stored in this RTP
|  payload.  There are currently three different types of Vorbis
|  packets.  Each RTP payload MUST contain only a single type of Vorbis
   packet (e.g., you must not aggregate configuration and comment
   packets in the same RTP payload).

|     0 = Raw Vorbis packet

|     1 = Vorbis Packed Configuration packet

|     2 = Legacy Vorbis Comment packet

      3 = Reserved

Notes
-----
Rationale:

The RFC is about an RTP *payload* format, and, according to
section 1 of the RFC, deals with Vorbis *packets* -- to be
encapsulated in the RTP payload.

Section 2.2 explains the RTP Payload Header vor Vorbis. Thus,
the use of "payload" and "packet" in the Original Text does
not match these definitions and hence might well be confusing.
The Corrected Text aims at placing the proper terms there.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5215 (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio
Publication Date    : August 2008
Author(s)           : L. Barbato
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt