Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-03

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:13:27 +0300

Hi, 

I reviewed the draft and have the following comments most are editorial

1.       The draft should have an author name at the top, not just SPIRIT
SDP, there is an author name at the end Sergey Ikonin.

2.       You describe the payload but it is not clear to me how do you know
the size of each speech frame. It may be good to explain it if you can.

3.       In section 3 RTP payload format you should start with a section on
RTP header usage. See for example RFC 5404.

4.       In the security consideration you can use the first two paragraph
from RFC 5404 security section.

5.       You can add a section on congestion control, this codec can handle
congestion so it will be good to mention it.

6.       You can add to section 5.2 a subsection on offer answer
considerstions

Some nits

1.       In section 2  "This making the bit stream scalable and allows
reduce ."

2.       In section 2 " But because of the scalable nature of IP-MR codec
there is no need to duplicate the whole previous frame - only the core layer
may be retransmitted."

3.       In section 3.2 "BR (3 bits): base rate for core layer of frame(s)
in this packet using the table for CR. "

Thanks

Roni Even