Subject: [AVT] going forward with draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:06:20 +0300

Hi guys,

I think Thomas had a request to move this draft forward. 

I suggest that you do another revision finishing the missing parts like the
IANA consideration section. 

Please use fmt=5 for the message since this is the next available one in the
IANA registry and the other work an rapid acquisition will use the following
numbers when if and when it becomes a working group document.

I noticed that there was a lot of support for this work, so all those who
support the work please help by reviewing the work so we can start WGLC ASAP

Roni Even

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:21:07 +0200

Hi Roni, all,

We will do so soon. I hope we can submit a new version of the draft
early next week.

Thanks,

Thomas

______________________________________________
Thomas Schierl, Dipl.-Ing.
Fraunhofer HHI
Senior Research Engineer
Image Processing Dept. / Multimedia Transport
Einsteinufer 37, 10587 Berlin, Germany
PHONE: +49 30 31002 227 , FAX: +49 30 392 7200
WEB: http://ip.hhi.de , SKYPE: thomas.schierl
EMAIL: [email-masked]

Roni Even wrote:

Hi guys,

I suggest that you do another revision finishing the missing
parts like the IANA consideration section.

Please use fmt=5 for the message since this is the next
available one in the IANA registry and the other work an rapid
acquisition will
use the following numbers when if and when it becomes a working group
document.

I noticed that there was a lot of support for this work, so
all those who support the work please help by reviewing the work so we
can
start WGLC ASAP

Roni Even

----

Visit us at

NAB SHOW 2009 / April 18-23 / Las Vegas, Nevada USA / South Hall (Upper), Booth SU9624F

http://www.nabshow.com/

---

From: Ye-Kui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:58:06 -0400

Colin said the following a few days ago, 
 
"I submitted draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00.txt - just waiting for WG
chair approval. This is identical to draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-
sync-03.txt apart from the filename and date."
 
Therefore, it seems that all the comments sent to the list before the San
Francisco meeting should be addressed first (and there were requests that
these should be addressed in the first WG version), before the "supporters"
draft to do another round of review.  
 
BR, YK

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni
Even
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:06 AM
To: 'Colin Perkins'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] going forward with draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00

Hi guys,

Roni Even

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:20:12 +0200

Ye-Kui,

This is the plan for the new version to be submitted early next week.

Thanks,

Thomas

Ye-Kui Wang wrote:

"I submitted draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00.txt - just
waiting for WG chair approval. This is identical to
draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp- sync-03.txt apart from the filename and
date."

Therefore, it seems that all the comments sent to the
list before the San Francisco meeting should be addressed first (and
there were requests that these should be addressed in the first WG
version), before the "supporters" draft to do another round of review.

BR, YK

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni Even

Subject: [AVT] going forward with
draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00

Hi guys,

Please use fmt=5 for the message since this is the next
available one in the IANA registry and the other work an rapid
acquisition will use the following numbers when if and when it becomes
a working group document.

I noticed that there was a lot of support for this work, so all
those who support the work please help by reviewing the work so we can
start WGLC ASAP

Roni Even

----

Visit us at

http://www.nabshow.com/

---

From: Michael A Dolan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:03:18 -0700

Roni-

My comments from the earlier draft have not been addressed, but I see 
the authors are preparing another revision.

But before I continued the thread with the authors, I had asked you 
your intentions for modifying the charter.  The new ID is now listed, 
but there is no discussion.  It would be helpful to understand the 
scope of this work and if this is intended to be a general and 
complete guidance for rapid sync between RTP sessions, or just one 
way to improve sync in some cases?

Thanks,

         Mike

At 01:06 PM 4/14/2009 +0300, Roni Even wrote:
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>         boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0086_01C9BD01.D0454F70"
>Content-language: en-us
>
>Hi guys,
>I suggest that you do another revision finishing the missing parts 
>like the IANA consideration section.
>Please use fmt=5 for the message since this is the next available 
>one in the IANA registry and the other work an rapid acquisition 
>will use the following numbers when if and when it becomes a working 
>group document.
>
>those who support the work please help by reviewing the work so we 
>can start WGLC ASAP
>
>Roni Even
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Audio/Video Transport Working Group
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt