Subject: [AVT] Multicast-Based Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions

From: "Ingemar Johansson S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:50:36 +0200

Hi

A new draft that addresses the work on Rapid Acquisition for Multicast
based Streaming has been submitted 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-johansson-avt-mcast-based-rams-00.txt

Comments are welcome 

Regards
Ingemar Johansson
==================================

Abstract:
This document proposes an improvement to the unicast based 
Rapid Acquisition for Multicast based Streaming discussed in 
[ID-Versteeg].
The outline of the improvement is to gather up Rapid 
Acquisition requests for many users and transmit them in 
dedicated multicast streams.  With this technique the peak 
load on the retransmission server and on the outgoing link 
from the retransmission server can be reduced.  For a problem 
description of the channel change problem in multicast based 
IPTV the reader is encouraged to read [ID-Versteeg].

[ID-Versteeg] =
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-versteeg-avt-rapid-synchronization-for-rt
p-02.txt