Subject: [AVT] FW: WG Action: Audio/Video Transport Payloads (PAYLOAD)

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:37:59 +0200

Hi,
Note the new payload WG.
If you are interested in this work please subscribe to the mailing list
Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: IESG Secretary [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:24 AM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: WG Action: Audio/Video Transport Payloads (PAYLOAD)

A new IETF working group has been formed in the Real-time Applications and
Infrastructure Area.  For additional information, please contact the Area
Directors or the WG Chairs.

Audio/Video Transport Payloads (PAYLOAD)
---------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group

Chairs:
  * Roni Even <[email-masked]>
  * Ali Begen  <[email-masked]>

Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Director(s):
  * Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
  * Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area Advisor:
  * Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
  General Discussion: [email-masked]
  To Subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload
  Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/payload/index.html

Description of Working Group:

  The PAYLOAD working group is tasked with the specification and 
  maintenance of payload formats for use with the Real-Time Transport 
  Protocol, RTP [RFC3550]. The group will follow the guidelines 
  established in "Guidelines for Writers of RTP Payload Format 
  Specifications" [BCP 36], the "How to Write an RTP Payload Format" 
  (under development) and is responsible for maintaining those 
  guidelines.

  This working group will develop RTP payload formats for new media 
  codecs, review and revise existing payload formats to advance those 
  which are useful to Draft Standard or Standard, and declare others 
  Historic.

Goals and Milestones:

Jan 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MIDI for Proposed Standard
Feb 2011  Submit How to Write an RTP Payload Format for Informational
Feb 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams for 
          Proposed Standard
Mar 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for EVBR/G.718 for Proposed Standard
Mar 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for Enhanced Variable Rate 
          Narrowband-Wideband Codec (EVRC-NW) for Proposed Standard
Mar 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for Bluetooth's SBC audio codec for 
          Proposed Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MPEG2-TS preamble for Proposed 
          Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for DV (IEC 61834) Video for 
          Proposed Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for the iSAC codec for Proposed 
          Standard
Apr 2011  Submit RTP profile for the carriage of SMPTE 336M data for 
          Proposed Standard
Jun 2011  Submit RTP Payload Format for MVC Video for Proposed Standard