Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 02:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual Streams
	Author(s)       : M. Schmidt, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2011-01-11

This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
formats for carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual
bitstreams without using MPEG-4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly
mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams onto RTP packets, it provides
specifications for the use of RTP header fields and also specifies
fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for Media Type
registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).  The
audio payload format described in this document has some limitations.
for new system designs [RFC3640] is preferred.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Bont, Frans de" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:59:30 +0100

Hi all,

The WGLC ended last month and a number of reviews have been received,
thanks for those. We have responded to the individual reviews on the
list and have updated the draft accordingly. The new draft has been
submitted and can be found using the link in the announcement below.

Below a summary of the major changes.

1. The paragraphs including RFC 2119 keywords have been moved from the
   Introduction to a new section entitled "LATM Restrictions for RTP
   Packetization of MPEG-4 Audio Bitstreams".

2. The restrictions on the RTP packet format for MPEG-4 Audio bitstreams
   has been updated to make them better readable and unambiguous.

3. The IANA considerations section has been reduced to what is really
   needed.

4. The Security Considerations section been updated with text from
   recent payload format RFC's.

5. The differences with respect to RFC 3016 have been moved to a new
   section at the end of the draft.

6. An ackowledgement section has been added.

Your comments are welcome!

Best regards,
Frans

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 2011 Jan 11 11:00 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rfc3016bis-02.txt
>
> This document describes Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload formats for
> carrying each of MPEG-4 Audio and MPEG-4 Visual bitstreams without using MPEG-
> 4 Systems.  For the purpose of directly mapping MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams
> onto RTP packets, it provides specifications for the use of RTP header fields
> and also specifies fragmentation rules.  It also provides specifications for
> Media Type registration and the use of Session Description Protocol (SDP).
> The audio payload format described in this document has some limitations.
> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the Internet-
> Draft.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.