Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6188 on The Use of AES-192 and AES-256 in Secure RTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6188

        Title:      The Use of AES-192 and 
                    AES-256 in Secure RTP 
        Author:     D. McGrew
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35973
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-srtp-big-aes-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6188.txt

This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
with 192- and 256-bit keys within the Secure RTP (SRTP) protocol.  It
details counter mode encryption for SRTP and Secure Realtime
Transport Control Protocol (SRTCP) and a new SRTP Key Derivation
Function (KDF) for AES-192 and AES-256.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC