Subject: [AVTCORE] Compilation error / UCL Common Library

From: chandu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:41:29 +0800

<[email-masked]>Hello Everyone.

I have downloaded UCL Common library (common-1.2.14 Unix) and trying to
compile it on Ubuntu (2.6 kernel) in following way

 $> ./configure
 $> make
 $> su -c ’make install’

while compiling am coming across some errors, Could any one help me to
solve the issues.

for s in src tests examples  ; do (cd $s && make) || exit 1 ; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/official/chandu/common-1.2.14/src'
gcc -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wbad-function-cast
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-declarations -Werror
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c rtp.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_recv_data’:
rtp.c:1356: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_recv’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:50: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c:1385: error: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_recv’:
rtp.c:1876: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_recv’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:50: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_send_data’:
rtp.c:2192: error: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rtp.c:2236: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_send’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:51: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_send_data_iov’:
rtp.c:2277: error: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
rtp.c: In function ‘send_rtcp’:
rtp.c:2671: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_send’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:51: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_send_bye_now’:
rtp.c:2859: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_send’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:51: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c: In function ‘rtp_send_bye’:
rtp.c:2922: error: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘udp_recv’
differ in signedness
net_udp.h:50: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘uint8_t *’
rtp.c: In function ‘des_encrypt’:
rtp.c:3146: error: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘qfDES’
differ in signedness
qfDES.h:31: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
rtp.c: In function ‘des_decrypt’:
rtp.c:3154: error: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘qfDES’
differ in signedness
qfDES.h:31: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
make[1]: *** [rtp.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/official/chandu/common-1.2.14/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

2) Is UCL common library RTP stack compatable  with ATMEL (EVK 1105).
because I want to add the RTP feature to LWIP TCP/IP stack.

-- 
Thanks & Regards
Chandu