Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:15:04 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Forward-shifted RTP Redundancy Payload Support
    Author(s)     : Q. Xie
    Filename      : draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-08.txt
    Pages         : 13
    Date          : 2011-06-17

   This document defines a simple enhancement to support RTP sessions
   with forward-shifted redundant encodings, i.e., redundant data sent
   before the corresponding primary data.  Forward-shifted redundancy
   can be used to conceal losses of a large number of consecutive media
   frames (e.g., consecutive loss of seconds or even tens of seconds of
   media).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:42:55 +0200

WG,

Please be aware that this document is now ready for being approved. In
the discuss clearing process the media type was changed to make to make
the "forwardshift" parameter mandatory. There was also make clear that
the rest of the parameters that exist for the regular RED type also are
needed for this one.

Diff for all the discuss clearing changes:

https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-06&difftype=--html&submit=Go!&url2=draft-ietf-avt-forward-shifted-red-08

If you have issues yell ASAP as I don't see any issues with it and
recommend progression in a timely manner.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------