Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6284 on Port Mapping between Unicast and Multicast RTP Sessions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:35:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6284

        Title:      Port Mapping between Unicast and 
                    Multicast RTP Sessions 
        Author:     A. Begen, D. Wing,
                    T. Van Caenegem
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 73289
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-ports-for-ucast-mcast-rtp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6284.txt

This document presents a port mapping solution that allows RTP
receivers to choose their own ports for an auxiliary unicast session
in RTP applications using both unicast and multicast services.  The
solution provides protection against denial-of-service or packet
amplification attacks that could be used to cause one or more RTP
packets to be sent to a victim client.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC