Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6263 on Application Mechanism for Keeping Alive the NAT Mappings Associated with RTP / RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Flows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6263

        Title:      Application Mechanism for Keeping Alive 
                    the NAT Mappings Associated with RTP 
                    / RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Flows 
        Author:     X. Marjou, A. Sollaud
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23345
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-app-rtp-keepalive-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6263.txt

This document lists the different mechanisms that enable applications
using the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) and the RTP Control
Protocol (RTCP) to keep their RTP Network Address Translator (NAT)
mappings alive.  It also makes a recommendation for a preferred
mechanism.  This document is not applicable to Interactive
Connectivity Establishment (ICE) agents.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC