Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:45:02 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
    Author(s)     : O. van Deventer, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-00.txt
    Pages         : 21
    Date          : 2011-06-30
    
   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for inter-destination
   media synchronization (IDMS). The RTCP XR Block Type, registered with
   IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media play-
   out information from participants in a group playing-out (watching,
   listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream. The RTCP packet type
   specified by this document is used to distribute a summary of the
   collected information so that the participants can synchronize play-
   out.

   Typical applications for IDMS are social TV, shared service control
   (i.e. applications where two or more geographically separated users
   are watching a media stream together), distance learning, network
   quiz shows, multi-playing online games, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.