Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:05:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTCP for inter-destination media synchronization
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans M. Stokking
                          M. Oskar van Deventer
                          Omar A. Niamut
                          Fabian A. Walraven
                          Ishan Vaishnavi
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2011-07-06

   This document gives information on an RTCP Packet Type and RTCP XR
   Block Type including associated SDP parameters for inter-destination
   media synchronization (IDMS). The RTCP XR Block Type, registered with
   IANA based on an ETSI specification, is used to collect media play-
   out information from participants in a group playing-out (watching,
   listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream. The RTCP packet type
   specified by this document is used to distribute a summary of the
   collected information so that the participants can synchronize play-
   out.

   Typical applications for IDMS are social TV, shared service control
   (i.e. applications where two or more geographically separated users
   are watching a media stream together), distance learning, network
   quiz shows, multi-playing online games, etc.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-01.txt