Subject: [AVTCORE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt> (Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP) to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:25:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for the use of Variable Bit Rate Audio with Secure RTP'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio-03.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo discusses potential security issues that arise when using
   variable bit rate audio with the secure RTP profile.  Guidelines to
   mitigate these issues are suggested.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-vbr-audio/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.