Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 05:57:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Inter-destination Media Synchronization using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans Stokking
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
                          Kevin Gross
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document gives information on an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
   Packet Type and RTCP Extended Report (XR) Block Type including
   associated Session Description Protocol (SDP) parameters for Inter-
   Destination Media Synchronization (IDMS).  This document mandates the
   use of the RTCP XR Block Type 12, which is used to collect media
   playout information from participants in a group playing out
   (watching, listening, etc.) a specific RTP media stream.  This RTCP
   XR Block Type is specified and registered with IANA by ETSI.  The
   RTCP packet type specified by this document is used to distribute a
   common target playout point to which all the distributed receivers,
   sharing a media experience, can synchronize.

   Typical use cases in which IDMS is usefull are social TV, shared
   service control (i.e. applications where two or more geographically
   separated users are watching a media stream together), distance
   learning, networked video walls, networked loudspeakers, etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-06

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/