Subject: [AVTCORE] IPR Disclosure: Microsoft Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6285

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:52:15 -0700

Dear Ali Begen, Zeev Vax, Tom Van Caenegem:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your RFC entitled "Unicast-Based Rapid
Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions" (RFC6285) was submitted to the IETF
Secretariat on 2012-07-19 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual
Property Rights Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1830/). The title
of the IPR disclosure is "Microsoft Corporation's Statement about IPR related to
RFC 6285."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Jason | Staywired Video Solutions Inc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:31:01 -0400

Interesting :)

Sent from a Staywired Video Solutions Inc. iPhone

On 2012-07-20, at 12:52 PM, IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> ipr-announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-announce

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:28:57 +0200

WG,
(as chair)

This appear to me that this IPR statement is an update of the previous
ones that was made on the Internet-Drafts and known during the
development of RFC 6285

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1024/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1025/

At least the new statement is referencing the same patents/applications.

There might be more companies (Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent) that should
provide updated IPR statements now that the RFC has been published as
they had IPR statements on the related Internet Drafts.

I request that these IPR statements are done in a timely fashion.

Regards

Magnus Westerlund

On 2012-07-20 19:31, Jason | Staywired Video Solutions Inc wrote:
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:30:38 +0200

Looks like Microsoft have just been updating their prior disclosures made against the input drafts. I have just received a whole batch related to various disconnected RFCs.

I don't believe there is anything here the WG were not already aware of when they decided to adopt the technical solution.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason | Staywired Video Solutions Inc [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 20 July 2012 18:31
> To: IETF Secretariat
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom);
> DRAGE, Keith (Keith); [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [ipr-announce] IPR Disclosure: Microsoft Corporation's
> Statement about IPR related to RFC 6285
> 
> Interesting :)
>

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:50:18 +0200

Hi,
I agree with Keith,
>From the document shepherd write-up
"  (1.d) Does the Document Shepherd have any specific concerns or 
        issues with this document that the Responsible Area Director
        and/or the IESG should be aware of? For example, perhaps he 
        or she is uncomfortable with certain parts of the document, or 
        has concerns whether there really is a need for it. In any 
        event, if the WG has discussed those issues and has indicated 
        that it still wishes to advance the document, detail those 
        concerns here. Has an IPR disclosure related to this document 
        been filed? If so, please include a reference to the 
        disclosure and summarize the WG discussion and conclusion on 
        this issue. 

There are multiple IPR disclosures in respect of the draft. After one member
of the WG expressed concern, these were explicitly brought to the attention
of the working group to see if there were other concerns. There were none."

There were the following IPR for the 08 version of the draft before it went
to publicatoin For reference, I believe the relevant IPR declarations are:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/990/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1024/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1025/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1128/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1269/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1200/

Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DRAGE,
Keith (Keith)
Sent: 23 July, 2012 1:31 PM
To: Jason | Staywired Video Solutions Inc; IETF Secretariat
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] [ipr-announce] IPR Disclosure: Microsoft
Corporation's Statement about IPR related to RFC 6285

Looks like Microsoft have just been updating their prior disclosures made
against the input drafts. I have just received a whole batch related to
various disconnected RFCs.

I don't believe there is anything here the WG were not already aware of when
they decided to adopt the technical solution.

Regards

Keith

> > Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions" (RFC6285) was submitted to 
> > the
> IETF
> > of the IPR disclosure is "Microsoft Corporation's Statement about 
> > IPR
> related to
> > RFC 6285."");
> >
> > The IETF Secretariat
> >