Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 6679 on Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for RTP over UDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6679

        Title:      Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) for 
                    RTP over UDP 
        Author:     M. Westerlund, I. Johansson,
                    C. Perkins, P. O'Hanlon,
                    K. Carlberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 148560
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-ecn-for-rtp-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6679.txt

This memo specifies how Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) can be
used with the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) running over UDP,
using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) as a feedback mechanism.  It
defines a new RTCP Extended Report (XR) block for periodic ECN
feedback, a new RTCP transport feedback message for timely reporting
of congestion events, and a Session Traversal Utilities for NAT
(STUN) extension used in the optional initialisation method using
Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE).  Signalling and
procedures for negotiation of capabilities and initialisation methods
are also defined.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC