Subject: [AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6184 (3318)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:23:02 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6184,
"RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6184&eid=3318

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Xiaohui Wei (Joanne) <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.1

Original Text
-------------
On page 46 start from line 7: 
"When max-dpb is signaled, the receiver MUST be able to decode
NAL unit streams that conform to the signaled highest level,
with the exception that the MaxDpbMbs value in Table A-1 of [1]
for the signaled highest level is replaced with the value of
max-dpb * 3 / 8. Consequently, a receiver that signals max-dpb
          ^^^^^
MUST be capable of storing the following number of decoded
frames, complementary field pairs, and non-paired fields in its
decoded picture buffer:
Min(max-dpb * 3 / 8 / ( PicWidthInMbs * FrameHeightInMbs),
              ^^^^^
16)"

Corrected Text
--------------
When max-dpb is signaled, the receiver MUST be able to decode
NAL unit streams that conform to the signaled highest level,
with the exception that the MaxDpbMbs value in Table A-1 of [1]
for the signaled highest level is replaced with the value of
max-dpb * 8 / 3. Consequently, a receiver that signals max-dpb
          ^^^^^
MUST be capable of storing the following number of decoded
frames, complementary field pairs, and non-paired fields in its
decoded picture buffer:
Min(max-dpb * 8 / 3 / ( PicWidthInMbs * FrameHeightInMbs),
              ^^^^^
16)

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6184 (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video
Publication Date    : May 2011
Author(s)           : Y.-K. Wang, R. Even, T. Kristensen, R. Jesup
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG