Subject: [AVTCORE] WG last call on draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-04

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:34:22 +0200

WG,

This starts the WG last call on draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-04 to be
published as proposed standard. Please provide any feedback or review
comments by September 16. Even if you have just read it and found no
issue, please state so.

Draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp

In addition any comments about current or planned implementation of this
draft are appreciated.

As a WG chair I really want some persons that really understand crypto
algorithms and/or the key-management mechanisms used to review this and
will solicit reviews outside of the WG also.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:30:52 +0100

> comments by September 16. Even if you have just read it and found no

From a quick look, this looks okay to me. Some nits:

The acronym RTCP is expanded incorrectly in the abstract and Introduction (should be "RTP Control Protocol" to match RFC3550). 

Appendix A: what is the byte order for the test vectors? (especially for fields like the seqnum and SSRC, which are commonly represented by ints in code)

Cheers,
Colin

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:54:32 -0400

This document needs a section addressing encryption of RTP header extensions (RFC 6904), since that's now a requirement for SRTP encryption algorithms.

On Aug 26, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt
> 

--
Jonathan Lennox
[email-masked]

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:35:37 -0700

(this message was apparently not posted to the AVT mailing list.  Resending.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp

The document seems to just register the IANA codepoints for Security Descriptions, DTLS-SRTP, and MIKEY.  For that reason, it probably needs to be standards track (I note that ARIA itself is informational).

Nits:  Section 5.1's title should be "Security Descriptions" or "Security Descriptions (SDES)".  Section 5.1, change "Security description" to "SDP Security Descriptions" (proper capitalization and pluralization of RFC4568's short name).

-d