Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 03:49:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Inter-destination Media Synchronization using the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)
	Author(s)       : Ray van Brandenburg
                          Hans Stokking
                          Oskar van Deventer
                          Fernando Boronat
                          Mario Montagud
                          Kevin Gross
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-13.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-08-29

Abstract:
   This document defines a new RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Packet Type
   and an RTCP Extended Report (XR) Block Type to be used for achieving
   Inter-Destination Media Synchronization (IDMS).  IDMS is the process
   of synchronizing playout across multiple geographically distributed
   media receivers.  Using the RTCP XR IDMS Report Block defined in this
   document, media playout information from participants in a
   synchronization group can be collected.  Based on the collected
   information, an RTCP IDMS Settings Packet can then be sent to
   distribute a common target playout point to which all the distributed
   receivers, sharing a media experience, can synchronize.

   Typical use cases in which IDMS is useful are social TV, shared
   service control (i.e. applications where two or more geographically
   separated users are watching a media stream together), distance
   learning, networked video walls, networked loudspeakers, etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-idms-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/