Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:17:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Multimedia Congestion Control: Circuit Breakers for Unicast RTP Sessions
        Authors         : Colin Perkins
                          Varun Singh
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is widely used in telephony,
   video conferencing, and telepresence applications.  Such applications
   are often run on best-effort UDP/IP networks.  If congestion control
   is not implemented in the applications, then network congestion will
   deteriorate the user's multimedia experience.  This document does not
   propose a congestion control algorithm; instead, it defines a minimal
   set of RTP "circuit-breakers".  Circuit-breakers are conditions under
   which an RTP sender needs to stop transmitting media data in order to
   protect the network from excessive congestion.  It is expected that,
   in the absence of severe congestion, all RTP applications running on
   best-effort IP networks will be able to run without triggering these
   circuit breakers.  Any future RTP congestion control specification
   will be expected to operate within the constraints defined by these
   circuit breakers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/