Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:51:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Sending Multiple Media Streams in a Single RTP Session
        Authors         : Jonathan Lennox
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Qin Wu
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2014-02-14

Abstract:
   This document expands and clarifies the behavior of the Real-Time
   Transport Protocol (RTP) endpoints when they are using multiple
   synchronization sources (SSRCs), e.g. for sending multiple media
   streams, in a single RTP session.  In particular, issues involving
   RTCP Control Protocol (RTCP) messages are described.

   This document updates RFC 3550 in regards to handling of multiple
   SSRCs per endpoint in RTP sessions.  It also updates RFC 4585 to
   clarify the calculation of the timeout of SSRCs and the inclusion of
   feeback messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:05:32 +0100

WG,
(As Author)

For your information this update was a quite significant one. We added a
description of the scheduling algorithm we tried out to the previous
meeting. We also clarified parameter settings for AVP and AVPF RTCP
compatibility. We have unfortunately expanded the open issues list in
doing this work.

   At this stage this document contains a number of open issues.  The
   below list tries to summarize the issues:

   1.  Do we need to provide a recommendation for unicast session
       joiners with many sources to not use 0 initial minimal interval
       from bit-rate burst perspective?

   2.  RTCP parameters for common scenarios in Section 6.2?

   3.  Is scheduling algorithm working well with dynamic changes?

   4.  Are the scheduling algorithm changes impacting previous
       implementations in such a way that the report aggregation has to
       be agreed on, and thus needs to be considered as an optimization?

   5.  An open question is if any improvements or clarifications ought
       to be allowed regarding FB message scheduling in multi-SSRC
       endpoints.

I recommend if you haven't already done so to review the latest draft
and think about the above open issues. We really like some input on them.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

On 2014-02-14 23:51, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------