Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 7164 on RTP and Leap Seconds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 13:21:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7164

        Title:      RTP and Leap Seconds 
        Author:     K. Gross, R. Brandenburg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20637
        Updates:    RFC 3550

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-leap-second-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7164.txt

This document discusses issues that arise when RTP sessions span
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) leap seconds.  It updates RFC 3550
by describing how RTP senders and receivers should behave in the
presence of leap seconds.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC