Subject: [AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC2435 (4097)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 09:48:39 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC2435,
"RTP Payload Format for JPEG-compressed Video".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=2435&eid=4097

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Julius Richard Friedman <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1.5

Original Text
-------------
3.1.5.  Width: 8 bits

   This field encodes the width of the image in 8-pixel multiples (e.g.,
   a width of 40 denotes an image 320 pixels wide).  The maximum width
   is 2040 pixels.

3.1.6.  Height: 8 bits

   This field encodes the height of the image in 8-pixel multiples
   (e.g., a height of 30 denotes an image 240 pixels tall). When
   encoding interlaced video, this is the height of a video field, since
   fields are individually JPEG encoded. The maximum height is 65535
   pixels.

Corrected Text
--------------
3.1.5.  Width: 8 bits

   This field encodes the width of the image in 8-pixel multiples (e.g.,
   a width of 40 denotes an image 320 pixels wide).  The maximum width
   is 2040 pixels.

3.1.6.  Height: 8 bits

   This field encodes the height of the image in 8-pixel multiples
   (e.g., a height of 30 denotes an image 240 pixels tall). When
   encoding interlaced video, this is the height of a video field, since
   fields are individually JPEG encoded. The maximum height is 65535
   pixels.

Notes
-----
Use a divisor of 256 to determine the height, where 8 / 256 = 32.

Ensure FragmentOffset does not exceed 2^24, if it does then use 2^24 - value)

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC2435 (no draft string recorded)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Payload Format for JPEG-compressed Video
Publication Date    : October 1998
Author(s)           : L. Berc, W. Fenner, R. Frederick, S. McCanne, P. Stewart
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Audio/Video Transport
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG