Subject: [AVTCORE] Protocol Action: 'Sending Multiple RTP Streams in a Single RTP Session' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:37:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Sending Multiple RTP Streams in a Single RTP Session'
  (draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba, Ben Campbell and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream/

Technical Summary

This memo expands and clarifies the behavior of Real-time Transport 
Protocol (RTP) endpoints that use multiple synchronization sources 
(SSRCs).  This occurs, for example, when an endpoint sends multiple 
media streams in a single RTP session.  This memo updates RFC 3550 with 
regards to handling multiple SSRCs per endpoint in RTP sessions,  with a 
particular focus on RTCP behavior.  It also updates RFC 4585 to update 
and clarify the calculation of the timeout of SSRCs and the inclusion of 
feedback messages.

Working Group Summary

The document was discussed in the meetings and on the mailing list. The 
open issues were addressed and there are no open issues, there was 
consensus on the content of the document.

Document Quality

This document is not a protocol, this work was done based on input from 
RTCWEB WG and vendors will support it.

Personnel

Roni Even is the Document Shepherd.
The responsible AD is Ben Campbell.