Subject: [AVTCORE] Holding draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream in Auth48 waiting for references

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 09:02:50 +0200

WG,

This is written as one of the authors of 
draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream. We are currently in AUTH48 and are 
mostly done with our reviews. However, we have come to the conclusion 
that we have a number of important informational references in this 
document to its sibling documents. These documents are:

draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation: The optimization for 
reporting when having multiple SSRCs per endpoint. We think this is the 
most important reference as it is so closely tied.

draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session is one of the motivating 
usages for why this clarification is needed. Thus good to get a proper 
reference to its RFC rather than a draft name.

draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation is much less important from 
this document context, however it is anyway a normative reference for 
draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-multi-stream-optimisation and will thus be 
available if we wait for the optimization one.

We authors think it would be really good to have these reference as RFCs 
rather than drafts. Thus our proposal is to actually hold the 
publication of this document until the time all three of the above can 
be published.

Thus our question to the WG is two fold. Are there anyone that will have 
a significant issue with holding the publication of this document until 
the above documents are available? Considering that the AVTCORE ones 
already are in the RFC-editor queue, the blocking document that we need 
to wait for is draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation. The second 
question is if people agree with us that it would be good to hold the 
publication?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------