Subject: [AVTCORE] Merging AVTCORE and AVTEXT into a single WG?

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 14:43:43 +0100

AVTCORE, and AVTEXT,

The WG chairs and ADs have had some discussion about if AVTCORE and 
AVTEXT should be merged. The main reason is that the participant overlap 
is large, and the amount of work currently in the two WGs are low enough 
that a single WG would still not have a heavy load. Benefits of a merge 
would be that fewer WG chairs would be needed, a single meeting slot 
when we meet (which we anyway have been doing lately). We have not 
discussed any changes to the scope of the charters.

So what do you as participant think about this proposal? Please provide 
your views and feedback.

We have also scheduled time for discussing this at the end of the AVTEXT 
followed by AVTCORE meeting slot in Seoul.

This is to provide input to the ADs which is the ones that in the end 
make the decision.

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 14:17:42 +0000

Hi,

I support the merger.

Regards,

Christer

On 01/11/16 15:43, "avt on behalf of Magnus Westerlund"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 08:47:04 +0000

+1
I think this makes sense.
Cheers,
Bo

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Datum: 2016-11-01 15:18 (GMT+01:00)
Till: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>, IETF AVTCore WG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], ART ADs <[email-masked]>
Rubrik: Re: [AVTCORE] Merging AVTCORE and AVTEXT into a single WG?

Hi,

I support the merger.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:33:08 -0700

I also think it makes sense.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Bo Burman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Till: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>, IETF AVTCore WG
> <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], ART ADs <[email-masked]>
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext
>
>

---

From: "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:58:22 +0000

I support this.

Mo

-----Original Message-----
From: avt <[email-masked]> on behalf of 'Magnus Westerlund'
<[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 9:43 AM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
ART ADs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [AVTCORE] Merging AVTCORE and AVTEXT into a single WG?

AVTCORE, and AVTEXT,

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 17:10:22 +0300

+1.