Subject: Re: [babel] Babel@IETF todo list

From: Margaret Cullen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 04:28:07 -0500

On Oct 28, 2015, at 3:07 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I'll stop saying "We at Babel Towers" and try my hand at "We at the IETF" ;-)
> 
> -- Juliusz

Excellent!!

Margaret

---

From: Margaret Cullen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 04:36:21 -0500

Hi Juliusz,

>  (X) write an experimental draft that describes precisely the minimum
>      Homenet profile of Babel.  I'll write my thoughts on the Homenet
>      mailing list.

I'd be happy to help with this.  I see that you have initial drafts together and I will review them.  What else can I do to help?

Are we planning, as part of this effort, to get Babel (and related documents) published as Standards-Track documents?  If so, I would also be happy to work on editing them to meet current IETF requirements/expectations.

Margaret

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:56:16 +0100

> I'd be happy to help with this.  I see that you have initial drafts
> together and I will review them.  What else can I do to help?

I think I'm going to rewrite the draft in prose (as opposed to the
"REQ/Rationale" barking that I've attempted), so please focus on the
contents, not the style.

> Are we planning, as part of this effort, to get Babel (and related
> documents) published as Standards-Track documents?  If so, I would also
> be happy to work on editing them to meet current IETF
> requirements/expectations.

Yes, I understand that the Homenet WG is trusting us to do that.  My hope
would be that we can get a charter and consensus ready, so that we can
create a WG in time for a first meeting at Buenos-Aires -- there appears
to be momentum right now, let's get the thing moving as soon as possible.

(My teaching load decreases dramatically after November 15th.)

-- Juliusz