Subject: [babel] Consensus Determined for Babel Charter Update (2018-06-17 to 2018-06-25)

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 12:48:42 -0400

Hi,

Based on the responses that have been received and on the prior discussion
on the mailing list, the Babel Charter Update below is determined to have
WG consensus.

Thanks,
Donald and Russ

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Consensus Call for Babel Charter Update (2018-06-17 to 2018-06-25)
To: Babel at IETF <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi,

Based on the recent discussion on the mailing list, we are asking for
comments in favor or opposed to the following change in the Babel WG
Charter to remove the specification of a YANG model as a gating factor
in moving the Babel protocol to standards track. You can also suggest
further changes but to maximize the chances of getting a change
approved it might be best to minimize the changes.

OLD:
- Address manageability of Babel by producing a Babel informational
model to help provide guidance and derive the data models. To be
consistent with the ongoing effort to use YANG data modules in the
Routing Area, a Babel YANG data model to support management of home
gateway routers is required as part of moving Babel to Proposed
Standard. This information model is useful as a common source of
information for the case where the Customer-Premise Equipment (CPE) is
managed by the Service Provider (SP) with the Broadband Forum TR-069
protocol and its associated data model.

NEW:
- Address manageability of Babel by producing a Babel informational
model to help provide guidance and derive the data models. This
information model is useful as a common source of information for the
case where the Customer-Premise Equipment (CPE) is managed by the
Service Provider (SP) with the Broadband Forum TR-069 protocol and its
associated data model. To be consistent with the ongoing effort to use
YANG data modules in the Routing Area, a Babel YANG data model should
be specified to support management of Babel routers.

The full current Babel WG Charter is at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-babel/

Thanks,
Donald and Russ