Subject: [babel] ANNOUNCE - HMAC authentication for BABEL, new prototype

From: Weronika Kołodziejak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:58:20 +0200

Dear all,

Clara Dô, Juliusz Chroboczek and myself have just pushed our new work on
HMAC authentication using challenge TLV's for babeld to Github.

The code is available here:

https://github.com/wkolod/babeld branch hmac-challenge

The hmac branch is now obsolete.

The prototype has received almost no testing so every comment is
appreciated.

There are two limitations that we plan to fix soon:

- packet counter is global for now and not per interface (which may cause a
vulnerability if the same local address is reused on multiple interfaces);
- struct neighbour is created even if HMAC failed (which makes us
susceptible to memory exhaustion attacks).

Enjoy,

Clara Dô
Juliusz Chroboczek
Weronika Kolodziejak