Subject: Re: [babel] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-babel-hmac

From: Weronika Kołodziejak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 14:25:03 +0200

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review, we took your comments into consideration:

> 1.      Add a Terminology section to include HMAC, Babel, PC, etc
>
I have listened to Juliusz and we've added the definitions of each acronym
on first usage rather than having a dedicated terminology instead, I hope
you don't mind.

> 2.      1.1 Applicability Section: “The protocol defined in this document
> assumes that all interfaces on a given link are equally trusted and share a
> small set of symmetric keys (usually just one, two during key rotation).”
> Consider changing it to: “…(Typically one key. Two keys during a key
> rotation).” Otherwise it can read as “just one or two during key rotation”.
>
We've changed it, thanks.

> 3.      4.2 Packet Transmission Section: “A Babel node may delay actually
> sending TLVs by a small amount…”. Consider giving an example of a small
> amount.
>
It has been already said in section 4 of RFC6126bis which is referenced in
the same sentence.

Thanks again,
Weronika Kolodziejak