Subject: [babel] Info Model: metric computation algorithm

From: "STARK, BARBARA H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 00:10:13 +0000

There is currently a parameter (babel-metric-comp-algorithms) that says what algorithms are supported. But none that says what algorithm is used. I think knowing which algorithm is being used for a particular interface would be useful. [This also came from one of Acee's comments.]

Are algorithms selected per link type (wireless, ethernet, other) or per interface? If per link type, would it still be ok to simply list the algorithm being used in the interfaces table (so it's indicated per interface)? Or would it be better to create a separate table that maps link type to algorithm?
Barbara

---

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:51:51 +0200

"STARK, BARBARA H" <[email-masked]> writes:

> There is currently a parameter (babel-metric-comp-algorithms) that
> says what algorithms are supported. But none that says what algorithm
> is used. I think knowing which algorithm is being used for a
> particular interface would be useful. [This also came from one of
> Acee's comments.]
>
> Are algorithms selected per link type (wireless, ethernet, other) or
> per interface? If per link type, would it still be ok to simply list
> the algorithm being used in the interfaces table (so it's indicated
> per interface)? Or would it be better to create a separate table that
> maps link type to algorithm?

It's per interface. Often, the interface type is the thing that is
actually configured on each interface, but that is mostly a UI issue. An
implementation could just as well decide not to have a concept of
interface and just give a selection of metric algorithms to pick from...

-Toke