Subject: [babel] Router-ID and information model

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 16:28:01 +0100

The router-id situation is ambiguous.

1. rfc6126bis requires that each router have a router-id (Section 3).

2. However, this router-id is only used when originating routes, so
   a router that is not originating any could in principle not have one
   (if there's nobody to see there's no router id, does it matter that
   there's no router id?).

3. However, none of the implementations skip allocating a router-id, so in
   practice there's always a router-id.

Hence, I think it's reasonable for the information model to assume each
router has a router-id.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 16:54:09 +0100

Hi Juliusz,

> On Mar 28, 2019, at 4:28 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Good to know. 

From a IM and DM perspective we will have some language that reflects this assumption. 

Thanks. 

> -- Juliusz

Mahesh Jethanandani 
[email-masked]

> 
> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel