Subject: [babel] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 05:33:21 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(updated ballot.  Fixed the link)

Thank to you Tero Kivinen for the SECDIR review.

I support Warren Kumari’s DISCUSS.

This helpful explanation
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/babel/mH6Ys5uC_vW1_wJ7F3FpWoOiDJA/) of
history notwithstanding, given that this document invalidates a common security
assumption about isolated networks and is touching core internet technology,
getting field experience and publishing with experimental status seems more
appropriate than a proposed standard.