Subject: [babel] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 07:37:22 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Changing to No Obj on the understanding that this is going to change to
experimental.

---

Hi,

I'm abstaining because whilst I think that the solution here is clever, I'm
less convinced that it is a good idea, particularly as an IETF standards track
document.  In particular, the use of 192.0.0.8 as a source address could easily
be quite confusing for end-hosts trying to figure out network issues.  It would
be interesting to know whether there are any real or planned deployments of
this draft.

Regards,
Rob