Subject: [babel] I-D Action: draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:56:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Babel routing protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv4 routes with an IPv6 next hop in the Babel routing protocol
        Author          : Juliusz Chroboczek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2022-02-24

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
   allows announcing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next-hop,
   which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
   that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:16:29 -0800

I've reviewed this diff, and think it looks good.
The main change was switching to Experimental (which
I support since it successfully cleared AD DISCUSSes).
The diff also contains some minor editorial changes which
I think improved the document.

Thanks Juliusz for all the work; let's get this published!

David

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 9:57 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:22:38 -0500

Agreed that the changes look good but there is one added typo: in Section
4.2.1 we have "prased" which I guess should be "parsed".

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 12:34:42 +0100

> Agreed that the changes look good but there is one added typo: in Section 4.2.1
> we have "prased" which I guess should be "parsed".

My bad.  There's also the mistake pointed out by Benjamin:

> My only remaining comment (from skimming the diff), a nit really, is that
> in IPv4 all of 127/8 is loopback, so we should say "a loopback address"
> rather than "the loopback address".

I'll fix both of these in AUTH-48.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:23:36 -0500

Hi Juliusz,

Fixing in AUTH48 should be fine. Expect the draft to be handed over to
the RFC Editor soon.

Thanks,
Donald