Subject: [BXXPwg] FW: [JXTA dev] Beep Bad? XTalk good?

From: "Krishna Sankar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 11:57:09 -0700

Hi all,

	Jeffrey Altman from jxta referred me to this list. I would like to see if
we can quickly form a virtual group to develop a JXTA BEEP binding. I am
sure you all have a lot of ideas how this can be achieved and so we should
be able to get to a strawperson version pretty quickly.

cheers and have a nice weekend

	Jeffrey, would this be under the platform group's umbrella ? I am not sure
where this would fit in as a few new groups are being formed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2001 8:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [JXTA dev] Beep Bad? XTalk good?

> Hi all,
>
> 	I also support the use of a protocol above TCP and BEEP is an excellent
> solution. We should be concentrating on the jxta layer providing better
and
> better P2P abstractions. IMHO, we leave it to others to solve the
transport
> problems and leverage their work. For now, BEEP looks like the best fit.
> Actually I am working on a *very* preliminary prototype binding BEEP.
>
> 	my 2c
>
> cheers
>

This is great.  You may very well want to communicate with the BEEP
working group.  There were some members who expressed interest in
working on a JXTA BEEP binding.  The BEEP mailing list is

  [email-masked]

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 7.1 Alpha available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 [email-masked]          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email-masked]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
BXXPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.invisible.net/mailman/listinfo/bxxpwg