Subject: [BEEPwg] Question about SOAP/BEEP

From: Gabe Wachob <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

Eamon & Marshall-
	Sorry for getting you comments so late in the review process - I
didn't have bandwidth nor a direct interest in SOAP/BEEP when it was
originally published, but now I'm finding myself extremely interested in
this binding as it will be key to a client of my consulting company.

	In short, I don't see any real problems yet with the draft, and
nothing I say here I think would require any new edits. I just want to
clarify one thing:

What is the use of the "resource" attribute provided in the bootmsg
message? How is this related to the HTTP SOAPAction header, or HTTP URLs
one would see in the SOAP/HTTP binding?

Thanks

	-Gabe

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: "Marshall T. Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 22:23:37 -0700

> one would see in the SOAP/HTTP binding?

hi. eamon may have a different answer, but here's what i think:

i don't think there necessarily has to be an algorithmic relationship.
here's why:

1. depending on who you talk to, SOAPAction is either a hint for the
processor or the firewall or ...

2. the use of an HTTP URL doesn't necessarily provide all the information
you need.

i view the soap.beep url scheme as more or less opaque: establish a beep
session to the hostpart, pass the rest as the resource attribute, and it
gets you to the soap processor you want to talk to...

/mtr