Subject: [BEEPwg] interoperability list

From: "Eamon O'Tuathail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:21:39 +0100

>> is there general agreement on splitting off interoperability 
>> issues to a new list?

Considering there is not too much traffic on the "normal" beep mailing
list, would it not be better to keep the interop discussion right here,
and have just one beep mailing list. 

Eamon

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Gabe Wachob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

I would rather see the beepwg list be the place that newcomers and users
are attracted to (because its linked up at the IETF, for example) - and I
wouldn't want to see a lot of (what I would expect to be) low level
discussion discourage higher level discussions.

Also, users don't really care about details of interoperability besides at
a functional level, so I'd hate to force people off this list who are here
*because* it is low volume.

	-Gabe

-- 
Gabe Wachob                       [email-masked]
Personal                       http://www.wachob.com
Founder, WiredObjects    http://www.wiredobjects.com

---

From: "Eamon O'Tuathail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:45:46 +0100

Gabe,

You point is reasonable - we should go with a separate interop list. 

Eamon

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabe Wachob [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 20 August 2002 21:11
To: Eamon O'Tuathail
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [BEEPwg] interoperability list

I would rather see the beepwg list be the place that newcomers and users
are attracted to (because its linked up at the IETF, for example) - and
I
wouldn't want to see a lot of (what I would expect to be) low level
discussion discourage higher level discussions.

Also, users don't really care about details of interoperability besides
at
a functional level, so I'd hate to force people off this list who are
here
*because* it is low volume.

	-Gabe

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:42:28 -0700

> You point is reasonable - we should go with a separate interop list. 

	http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepbuilders

/mtr