Subject: [BEEPwg] Meaning of uamn;

From: "Jacky Luk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:37:55 +0000

I saw a structure inside beepcore-c that is named uamn. I want to know what 
does it do?
And what are the differences between message types?
Thanks in advance
Jack

_________________________________________________________________
Get 10Mb extra storage for MSN Hotmail. Subscribe Now! 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-hk

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:58:22 +0100

El lun, 13-02-2006 a las 07:37 +0000, Jacky Luk escribió:

Hi Jack,

>From RFC 3080 [1], under section 2.1.1 Exchange Styles, you can find:

   BEEP allows three styles of exchange:

   MSG/RPY: the client sends a "MSG" message asking the server to
      perform some task, the server performs the task and replies with a
      "RPY" message (termed a positive reply).

   MSG/ERR: the client sends a "MSG" message, the server does not
      perform any task and replies with an "ERR" message (termed a
      negative reply).

   MSG/ANS: the client sends a "MSG" message, the server, during the
      course of performing some task, replies with zero or more "ANS"
      messages, and, upon completion of the task, sends a "NUL" message,
      which signifies the end of the reply.

   The first two styles are termed one-to-one exchanges, whilst the
   third style is termed a one-to-many exchange.

Cheers,

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3080.txt
-- 
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.