Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.2 echoes release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:36:27 +0100

###########################################
       ##  Vortex Library 1.0.2 Stable Release  ##
       ###########################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.2 "echoes release" availability: an open source "BEEP
  Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  This new release includes an API update to the find facility
  provided by the vortex support module, allowing to perform search
  constrained to the path installed for a particular domain.

  Updates to the internal source code, upgrading frame joining code,
  making it more simply. 

  General update to the xml-rpc-gen tool to be able now to notify the
  user when a file to be created already exists and differs from the
  copy produced by the tool, allowing to skip or to overwrite. Fixed
  source code generation for the tool.

  Updated the regression test to include checks for the vortex channel
  pool module.

  Bug fixing and document updates.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~

  Martin Huter (reported and solved SIGPIPE handling with older glib
  version and its appreciated comments to improve the library under
  heavy loads).

  Vicent AE Scott (reported and pointed out the solution for wrong
  xml-rpc-gen source code generation).

Changes since 1.0.1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [new] Added new API to perform file lookups using search path added
  constrained to a particular domain. Updated vortex support internal
  module to make previous function to keep working the same while
  retaining backward compatibility with the new API:
  
   - vortex_support_add_domain_search_path
   - vortex_support_add_domain_search_path_ref
   - vortex_support_domain_find_data_file

* [fix] replaced all references to the glib hash, with axl hash.

* [fix] Committing latest update to the libvortex.def

* [fix] Microsoft Visual Studio file modified to use a relative path
  to code instead of a full path. Also Debug information has been
  added.

* [fix] Making SIGPIPE handling to be reinstalled once triggered,
avoiding
  ancient glib implementations to restore to the default. (Reported and
  Fixed by Martin Huter).

* [fix] Fixed marshalling error at the server side component source
  code generation, causing to trying marshall an array as an
  struct. (Bug reported by Vicent AE Scott, and pointed its solution).

* [fix] Improved marshalling error reporting at the server side
  component produced by the tool.

* [fix] Updating exarg code.

* [new] General update to the source code generation model.  Now the
  tool will detect which files have changes according to the source
  code created, allowing the user to skip those changes or to
  introduce them.

* [fix] Replaced all calls to g_async_queue_push with QUEUE_PUSH,
  implementing additional checks that are reported at the place they
  could fail.

* [fix] Fixed wrong reply handling for the TLS activation, using the
sync mode.
  Seems it doesn't work under heavy load circumstances.

* [fix] Making vortex sequencer to check the queue before operating
  with it.  Some race conditions under heavy load could cause to
  access to a null reference queue.

* [fix] Simplified automatic frame joining handling at the vortex
  reader/vortex channel module, updating

vortex_channel_set_previous_frame/get_previous_frame/have_previous_frame
  to use a simple implementation based in an unique pending frame to
  be joined rather than a list.

* [fix] Fixed a bug at the vortex_hash_replace function, which was
  causing to not configure the key and data destroy function causing
  memory leaks.

* [fix] Fixed wrong handler provided to the connection status command.

* [fix] committing changes to remove GList references at the vortex
  channel module.

* [fix] Updated vortex channel pool module to remove all references to
  GList and fixed hidden bug which was causing to not properly
  deattach a channel from the pool.

* [new] Added new function which allows to check if two channel
references
  are equal. API added:

   - vortex_channel_are_equal

* [fix] Fixed a bug at vortex_channel_pool_close which was causing to
  get hanged if called from outside the vortex connection context.

* [fix] Making vortex_channel_set_pool to also accept a NULL reference
  for the pool parameter allowing to remove the parent pool reference.

* [fix] Updated vortex channel pool documentation.

* [fix] Updating vortex-regression-client to include a minimal test to
  check channel pool functions.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
16th mar 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg