Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.6 "my generation" release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:18:58 +0200

######################################
              ##       Vortex Library  1.0.6      ##
              ##      "my generation release"     ##
              ######################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.6 "my generation" release availability: an open source
  "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  General update to make this release more usable on Microsoft
  Windows, using Visual Studio compilers. 

  Added missing support to be able to get error codes reported by peer
  at channel creation. 

  Now xml-rpc-gen is able to include user code into the IDL definition
  that is placed at the resulting XML-RPC server.
    
Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Changes since 1.0.5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Removed not required glib dependencies installed on
  Makefile.win files (test and xml-rpc-gen tool).

* [fix] Removing epoll API from the libvortex.def

* [fix] Fixed bug inside INT64_CONSTANT and added additional
  definitions for S_ISDIR and S_ISREG if found to be not defined.

* [fix] Updating libvortex.def generation code to remove all functions
  starting with __vortex. Updated the file itself.

* [fix] Changing name for internal functions, making them not
  available at the libvortex.def file, at the TUNNEL implementation.

* [fix] Removed some included and moved some definitions for the
  windows platform.

* [new] Added missing support to get access to the error code and the
  textual response replied by the remote BEEP peer on channel creation
  denial. API added:

    - vortex_connection_pop_channel_error

* [fix] Making vortex_support_strtod to allow receiving a NULL pointer
  for the variable to be used to set the error found.

* [fix] Making vortex xml-rpc module to use new channel error
  reporting to provide more information to the application level when
  an error was received.

* [new] Making the tool to be able to include additional content into
  the service module header that is located in an external file.

* [fix]General update to remove all warnings produced by using Visual
  studio 2005.

* [new] Added VORTEX_EINTR to define the proper value on each platform
  rather redefining EINTR which looks problematic.

* [fix] Fixed unbalanced macro declaration and included documentation
  to include code into the xml-rpc server created by xml-rpc-gen tool.

* [fix] Updating the tool to produced code that is compatible with the
  Visual Studio (only changed internal variables starting with "__"
  replacing that with a single "_").

* [fix] Updated regression test files (xml-rpc-gen created files) due
  to xml-rpc-gen updates.

* [fix] Fixed wrong declaration inside regression not supported by
  Visual Studio.

* [fix] Fixed more compilation errors while using gcc under
  windows. Updated nsi file.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
10h august 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg