Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.7 "tarantula release" is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:15:17 +0200

######################################
              ##       Vortex Library  1.0.7      ##
              ##        "tarantula release"       ##
              ######################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.7 "tarantula" release availability: an open source "BEEP
  Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://vortex.aspl.es 
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://xml.aspl.es
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  This release includes an updated to the BEEP session connection,
  which now support configuring default tcp timeout.

  It is also included a missing feature that now allows to properly
  handle cross close in transit, allowing BEEP peers to issue a
  channel close at the same time.

  The frame dispatching and send reply code have been updated to not
  block the caller if a wrong deliver order is found, but to store
  that frame, unlock the caller and to perform such deliver later.

  Some minor bugs have been fixed and the regression test updated. A
  set of new function have been also added...

Thanks to...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Support to configure different timeouts on beep session connect
  (Martin Huter). Useful comments and bug reports about using vortex
  on Windows (Mark Kane). Comments about library initialization and
  documentation updates (Chris Yourch).
    
Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Changes since 1.0.6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Included support to perform a non-blocking connect allow to
  configure a different timeout than the one provided by default
  (Martin Huter proposed and provided path). API added:

    - vortex_connection_get_connect_timeout
    - vortex_connection_connect_timeout

* [new] Added two new macros VORTEX_EWOULDBLOCK and VORTEX_EINPROGRESS
  to be defined to the proper value on each platform. Updated vortex
  to use these new values.

* [new] Added new function to produce a digest configuring the amount
  of data to be taken from the input. API added:

    - vortex_tls_get_digest_sized

* [new] Added two new macros that allows to register where the call to
  vortex_cond_wait and vortex_cond_timedwait were produced. API added:

    - VORTEX_COND_WAIT
    - VORTEX_COND_TIMEDWAIT

* [new] Added two new functions to implement a second level log
  (debug, warning and error). Updated previous first level API to
  update its status if a call to vortex_log_enable is done more
  times. Updating the library to not drop message content if the
  second level is not activated.  API added:
  
    - vortex_log2_is_enabled
    - vortex_log2_enable

* [new] Implemented initial code to support close in transit (BEEP
  peers sending close messages at the same time). The code tries to
  detect that situation and perform an implicit close. Added an
  initial regression test to check this feature.

* [fix] Finished initial support for the cross close in transit. Now
  the library support accepting an incoming close requested while a
  reply for an outstanding close requested is waited, handling the
  case as an implicit close. Added initial regression test but more
  checks must be done.

* [new] Added a new function to check the reference counting for a 
  channel. API added:

   - vortex_channel_ref_count

* [fix] Removed some checks not required at the second level frame
  received dispatch function.

* [fix] Fixed and integrated close in transit feature (test 09). Fixed
  some memory leaks introduced by the new channel creation error API.

* [fix] Making windows definition _WIN32_WINNT to be checked before
  being defined again (Reported by Mark Kane).

* [fix] Several updates to the NSI file and Makefiles (windows version)
  to correct files included into the installer (using old headers from
  a wrong location. Reported by Mark Kane).

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include a function to disable
  tcp_nodealy. API added:

    - vortex_connection_set_sock_tcp_nodelay

* [fix] Updated channel send reply code to not block the caller if the
  reply order requested is wrong, and to store that reply to be used
  later.

* [fix] Making vortex channel close notification and
  vortex_channel_close functions to detect if the application is
  trying to close the channel that is being notified to be closed.

* [fix] Making vortex channel msg and reply deliver at the second
  level to store that messages and replies to be used later if a wrong
  order is found rather than blocking the caller.

* [fix] Documentation update.

* [fix] Updated xml-rpc-gen tool to manage string declarations
  (string) as (const char *).

* [fix] Restored case MIME handling at vortex frame module.

* [fix] Added some ifdef declarations to avoid including some unix
  headers on windows.

* [fix] removed appLevel flag for channel reference handling while
  using or implementing a BEEP profile that allows both peers to
  perform a close operation on the channel channel at the same
  time. Moved reference counting responsibility to the application
  level. Added some notes to explain this.  Updated regression test.

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include a function to return
  the number of channels running on a provided connection. API added:

    - vortex_connection_channels_count

* [fix] restoring vortex regression client default values..

* [fix] Updated vortex_init documentation and added comments provided
  by Chris Yourch on how to make vortex library to locate its data
  files on a different place.

* [fix] Updating axl and vortex package references.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
3th sep 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg