Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.11 'break the loop' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:53:49 +0100

############################################
          ##          Vortex Library 1.0.11         ##
          ##         "Break the loop release"       ##
          ############################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.11 "Break the loop" release availability: an open source
  "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Several bugs have been fixed and integrated into the regression
  test. Updated frame joining code to reduce the alloc/realloc
  pattern, improving speed for windows platform. Fixed ANS/NUL bug
  which was causing to not allow sending several files (several
  ANS/NUL exchanges over the same channel). Some new API functions has
  been added to manage connections created (used by Turbulence),
  profile channel counting and getting channel pool references.
  
Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Chris Yourch (reported and provided useful information to reproduce
  the ANS/NUL pattern problem). Thomas Unterleitner (reported and
  provided useful information to reproduce the low transfer rate,
  inside windows platform, while sending (really) huge frames (42MB)).

Changes since 1.0.10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Making xml-rpc implementation to allow receiving empty arrays.

* [fix] Updated libvortex.def file to include latest symbols.

* [fix] Updated vortex greetings module to allow configuring features,
  making the module to handle its own references.

* [fix] Making vortex connection module to first receive greetings
  frame, in order to allow feature checking, and then send the
  greeting reply accepting/proposing features. Not finished. Required
  all notification code to accept features.

* [new] Added new support function to extract the difference between
  to struct timeval instances. Updated gettimeofday windows port to
  remove the timezone value (which is not used and won't be used by
  the vortex core). Checked this implementation is more friendly to
  mingw and MS VS compilers. API added:

   - vortex_timeval_substract
   - gettimeofday (updated)

* [fix] Implemented workaround for a timeout bug inside the
  vortex_async_queue_timedpop function, running on windows, caused by
  the SignalAndWaitObject implementation which is finishing before the
  timeout expire, causing to return NULL references. Included some
  code to detect this fast (funny) exit to restart the wait operation.
  Also fixes bug inside vortex_channel_get_reply.

* [fix] Fixed bug which was causing to make the next transfer to a
  ANS/NUL proper transfer to be faulty. Updated regression test to
  check this in future release. Regression test now transfer a set of
  files (using the same channel), checking md5 for content
  transferred. (Thanks to Chris Yourch which reported and fully defined
  how to reproduce the problem).

* [fix] Making vortex_exit to clean up vortex tls module on exit.

* [fix] Reimplemented vortex frame joining mechanism
  (vortex_channel_set_complete_flag) allowing to greatly reduce the
  memory allocation pattern. Updated vortex frame API to include a
  function to create a frame representation taking as payload the
  reference provided (owning it). API added:
 
  - vortex_frame_create_full_ref

* [fix] Updated vortex-file-transfer-client.c to allow transferring the
  binary file with the proper fopen mode under windows ("wb"). Updated
  Makefile.win to include compilation for
  vortex-file-transfer-client.c and vortex-file-transfer-server.c.

* [new] Updated vortex channel API to allow getting the number of
  channels that are running a particular profile under a particular
  connection:
  
   - vortex_connection_get_channel_count

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to allow configuring a handler
  which is called on each connection created. API added:

   - vortex_connection_notify_new_connections
   - VortexConnectionNotifyNew

* [fix] Updating libvortex.def file.

* [new] Updated vortex channel API to include a new function to get
  the channel pool associated. API added:

   - vortex_channel_get_pool

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
23th nov 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg