Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.10 'Behind the heap release' is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:03:11 +0100

############################################
          ##          Vortex Library 1.0.10         ##
          ##        "Behind the heap release"       ##
          ############################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.10 "Behind the heap" release availability: an open
  source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  This release solves a double deallocation error at the frame
  received handler introduced by previous releases. It also includes a
  new API that allows to get notifications when a channel is added or
  removed from a particular BEEP connection. Other bugs were fixes.  
  
Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Yourch Chris (reported and fixed wrong included inside vortex sasl
  module, while compiling vortex with MS products and reported double
  deallocation error at frame received handlers).

Changes since 1.0.9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Making vortex_listener_set_on_accepted to internally configure
  the listener module if it is called before vortex_listener_new
  family.

* [fix] Finished initial tests to check removed/added channel
  notification.

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include two new functions
  that allows configuring a set of handlers that are called if a
  channel is added or removed from it. API added:

   - vortex_connection_set_channel_added_handler
   - vortex_connection_set_channel_removed_handler
   - VortexConnectionOnChannelUpdate (handler)

* [fix] Making vortex_channel_is_being_closed to check reference
  received before accessing content.

* [fix] Fixed double deallocation error at the serialize code at the
  vortex channel module.

* [fix] Updated documentation.

* [fix] Making unistd.h header from the vortex_sasl module to be not
  included inside windows platform. Reported and fixed Chris Yourch.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
7th nov 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg