Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.9 'A certain shade of green release' is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:56:43 +0100

#############################################
          ##          Vortex Library  1.0.9          ##
          ##   "A certain shade of green release"    ##
          #############################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.9 "a certain share of green" release availability: an
  open source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped
  onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Integration of some bug fixes affecting binary transfers. This
  release also updates the serialize support for ANS/NUL frame types
  making easier to transfer files. 
  
Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Changes since 1.0.8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Updated documentation and removed checking inside the vortex
  listener module which was causing to not start a listener if no
  profile was found registered. This is no longer required due to the
  dynamic character provided by applications like Turbulence.

* [fix] Updated documentation explaining how to use ANS/NUL frame.

* [new] Updated regression test to check ANS/NUL pattern
  (test_04a). No bug found. Test kept for future checkings.

* [fix] Updated regression test to use an optimal transfer value for
  the regression test associated to the ANS/NUL pattern.

* [fix] Making vortex_channel_set_serialize to how activate frame
  serialization for ANS/NUL pattern. Updated regression tests to check
  this new function.

* [new] Added two new examples that allows to transfer a file from a
  server using ANS/NUL pattern and one big message. Files added:
  
   - vortex-file-transfer-client.c
   - vortex-file-transfer-server.c

* [fix] Updating version file and allowing
  vortex-file-transfer-client.c to allow configuring the host and port
  for the file server.

* [fix] Updated vortex_channel_set_serialize documentation and updated
  vortex_channel_pool_new to make profile parameter to be a const char
*.

* [new] Added a new test to check binary transfers for zeroed chunks.

* [fix] Fixed bug which was causing to not detect previous frame
  fragment received if the content transfered is binary content that
  contains zeroed elements.

* [fix] Making vortex sequencer and vortex reader to use an stack
  activated variable to hold data provided
  vortex_sequencer_direct_send, allowing to save one memory
  allocation/deallocation pattern for each fragment sent.

* [fix] Added some "const" declarations at the vortex_channel_pool_new
  and vortex_channel_pool_new_full.

* [fix] Making vortex_connection_close to check and detect those calls
  to this function using references created by vortex_listener_new
functions
  which, at the same time, did not update reference counting, causing 
  double deallocation patterns.

* [fix] minor cleanup at the vortex listener module.

* [fix] Committing changes to files to make doxygen to properly create
  documentation.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
2th nov 2007, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:41:54 -0500

congrats! and which shade of green are we talking about?

/mtr

---

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:14:16 +0100

> congrats! and which shade of green are we talking about?

Thanks Marshall! It is about an Incubus song [1], from the science
album. Really nice piece!

Cheers!

> /mtr

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmx9kyahxU
-- 
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.

---

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:00:25 +0100

Hi Justin,

> There are other BEEP hackers who like Incubus. Who knew?

If some people like [1], it shouldn't be difficult to find someone who
likes Incubus (or anything else!)...

Cheers!

> :)

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2gKOLGOruo
-- 
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.