Subject: [BEEPwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.14 'spybreak' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 19:24:28 +0200

############################################
          ##          Vortex Library 1.0.14         ##
          ##            "spybreak release"          ##
          ############################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.14 "spybreak" release availability: an open source "BEEP
  Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://fact.aspl.es
      [Af-Arch homepage where Vortex Library is being developed]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Starting from this release vortex will no longer depend on external
  DTD files for its function. They are now included, inline into the
  source code using the axl-knife tool to refresh changes.

  Fixed several bugs and updated regression test to reproduce them and
  check the fix introduced. 

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~

  Jens Alfke (for fixing, proposing and reporting several bugs and
  improvements). 

  Antoine Mahé (for providing a fix to make client greetings to also
  advice its profiles).

Changes since 1.0.13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Fixed bug inside channel creation process which didn't allow
  to start sending content from the listener side right after the
  channel being accepted. Updated regression test to reproduce the
  problem and check the fix introduced. Reported by Jens Alfke
  (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Fixed race condition at the SASL notification. Updated
  regression test to reproduce and check the fix. (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Updated regression test to check that a channel could be
  closed at the channel create notification. Found already
  supported. Updated channel creation to check channel status before
  the channel notification to avoid notifying a possible
  piggyback. (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Updating regression tests (copyright).

* [fix] Fixed bug inside vortex connection creation when timeout
  activated, causing to lock the caller until consume all the timeout
  for hosts refusing the connection rather than failing soon.  Missing
  connection status check before receiving wrong greetings
  reply. Reported by Jens Alfke (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Fixed wrong handling at TLS profile implementation causing to
  not properly recover during TLS failures (TLS protocol handshake).
  Fixed memory leak (error reply frame for TLS implementation wasn't
  released). (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Making vortex client side implementation for TLS profile to not
  unref the connection on protocol failure. Rather, return the
  reference to the user the let the application space to implement its
  error handling (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Updated vortex_connection_set_auto_tls documentation to
  include more references about its function (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Fixed vortex_tls_start_negociation_sync to return a reference
  to the connection received if a timeout is found (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Fixed bug inside xml-rpc-gen tool which was produced add to
  array method without checking if the type held by the array could
  support this.

* [fix] removing not properly configured checking at
  vortex_frame_send_raw causing to fail on nullified zero send
operations.

* [new] Updating vortex-regression-client to allow configuring the
  regression listener location (and the associated BEEP proxy), taking
  as default localhost location if no value is provided.

* [fix] Updating vortex regression test 12 to include support to start
  fake listener at the remote regression test, allowing to check
  timeout support on separate hosts.

* [fix] Fixed memory leak on connection failures, associated to the
  error message.

* [fix] Fixing bug which was causing to not properly implement
  connection timeout (tcp connect wasn't limited by the
  timeout). Reported by Jens Alfke.

* [fix] Fixing change notify..

* [fix] Enforcing to use axl library 0.4.15

* [fix] Committing changes to use --ifnewer option from axl-knife to
  build DTD files.

* [fix] Committing change notification.

* [fix] Taking advantage from axl-knife tool, now the library loads
  its associated DTDs from an C inline representation generated,
  removing the inconvenience to load dtd from files. Great.  Fix
  applied on both branches.

* [fix] Fixed wrong detection of the ctx creation handler at the
  server side implementation of the TLS profile causing to fail
  (because the key and certificate functions were not configured).
  Reported and fixed by Jens Alfke.

* [fix] More address modifications.

* [fix] Change ASPL office location.

* [fix] Updated vortex_channel_send_err documentation to include some
  clarifications about its function.

* [fix] Fixed missing check for references received (status and
  status_message) at vortex_tls_start_negociation_sync, under a
  timeout condition. Change applied to 1.0 and 1.1 branch. Reported by
  Jens Alfke.

* [fix] Fixed wrong openssl headers include causing building
  environments without tls to fail. Fixed on both branches.

* [fix] Updated vortex client greetings implementation to also advice
  profiles supported. Initial patch provided by Antoine Mahé for 1.0
  and now adapted to 1.1 branch.

* [new] Updated regression test to reproduce and check the client
  greetings advice support. Updated both branches.

* [fix] Making vortex reader to not set as not connected a connection
  broken that was found to be not possible to add to the watching
  list.  Updated log message associated to not scare the
  developer. Fix applied on both branches.

* [fix] Making vortex_profiles_unregister to uninstall the profile
  removed from an internal list used by vortex_profiles_* functions.
  Fix applied on both branches.

* [fix] Fixed race condition at the sasl auth negotiation, under case
  where the remote peer has denied the SASL auth id. Bug fix applied
  on both branches and checked against regression test.

* [fix] Fixed sasl process error notification (there was some cases
  the notification was done twice). Fixed on both branches.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is leading the Af-Arch project: a
  complete framework to develop distributed application to manage
  enterprise process.

  Af-Arch project relies on Vortex Library to exchange data between
  its distributed nodes.

  Advanced Software Production Line also provides GNU/Linux support
  and consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
4th apr 2008, Madrid (Spain)

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://drakken.dbc.mtview.ca.us/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:05:00 -0700

> * [fix] Change ASPL office location.

/mtr