Subject: [beepwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.0.17 'Lost keys' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:02:23 +0100

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.0.17 "Lost Keys" release availability: an open source
  "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library has been developed inside the Af-Arch project as its
  data transport layer.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit. Currently it is running under Microsoft Windows
  and GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
The release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Several bug fixes, especially MSG number support so values can be
  reused as long as they are replied (as defined by RFC). Also fixed
  support to transfer more than 4GB in the same channel.

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Sam Roberts (provided several patches and valuable suggestions to
  fix MSG number support).

  Benoit Amiaux (provided patches to fix compilation warnings).

  Szilard Pfeiffer (reported wrong usage of INT_TO_PTR).

Changes since 1.0.16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Applied patch to solve minor compilation warnings 
  provided by Benoit Amiaux. Imported patch into 1.1 branch.

* [fix] Wrong use of INT_TO_PTR applied on a pointer reference which
  causes segmentation faults on 64bits platforms. Bug reported with
  initial fixings by Szilard Pfeiffer. Imported fix into 1.1 branch.

* [fix] Fixing test vortex-listener-connections.c with patch provided
  by Sam Roberts (additional modifications were required).  Reworked
  patch to apply it on 1.1 branch.

* [fix] Making vortex sequencer module to be stopped after vortex
  reader module (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Making vortex_support_unsetenv to be programmed internally
  with setenv. This avoids using unsetenv. Removed unsetenv
  declaration from vortex header.

* [fix] Updating exarg files (1.0/1.1) for xml-rpc-gen tool.

* [fix] Adding documentation about transferring files.

* [fix] General engine update to allow remote BEEP peers to reuse MSG
  no in the range of 0..2147483647 while connecting to Vortex,
  allowing to reuse those MSG numbers as long as they are replied.

  Thanks to Sam Roberts who reported and provided useful comments to
  fix this issue. Created a regression test to check new support
  introduced. 

  Even having updated MSG number checking support vortex will still
  use its current MSG number generation pattern (starting from 0 and
  going to 2147483647 by updating 1 unit).  Applied updated to
  1.0/1.1.

* [fix] Added more msg no sequences to check on test_02n. Applied to
  1.0/1.1. Nothing fixed.

* [fix] Making vortex_channel_get_next_msg_no to reset proposed value
  if limit is reached. (1.0/1.1).

* [fix] Checked and fixed support to transfer more than 4GB over the
  same channel, reusing seqno values (ranging from 0 up to
  4294967295). Added regression test to simulate a large transfer
  (test 02-o). Applied 1.0/1.1.

* [fix] Fixing exarg_strdup_printfv to get it compiled and working on
  windows. Updated associated projects using libexarg files.

* [fix] Making xml-rpc-gen tool to translate xml definitions due to
  CDATA content. Fix imported into 1.0 series.

* [fix] Fixed memory leak (frame unref) when msgno value is reused
  without reply. Backported fix into 1.0.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line provides GNU/Linux support and
  consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
22th jan 2009, Madrid (Spain)