Subject: [beepwg] [ANN] Vortex Library 1.1.1 'Tesla is my master now!' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:37:38 +0200

###################################################
      ##              Vortex Library 1.1.1             ##
      ##            "Tesla is my master now!"          ##
      ###################################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce the Vortex
  Library 1.1.1 "Tesla is my master now!" release availability: an
  open source "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped
  onto TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit, with active support for Microsoft Windows and
  GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]

    - http://www.aspl.es/turbulence
      [Turbulence BEEP server homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
This release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Bug fix release. 

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  [1] vortex-notify-start-01
  http://lists.aspl.es/pipermail/vortex/2009-March/000822.html

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~
  Benoit Amiux, Lawrence MacIntyre and Juhani.

Changes since 1.1.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Removing not required sentence to configure channel to be not
  opened during its creation. This is already done by
  vortex_channel_empty_new. Fix imported from 1.0. Reported by Benoit
  Amiaux. Fixed crash based on a race condition activated by this
  sentence.

* [fix] Applied changes to make the project compilable (test files and
  regression tests) if not TLS support is added.

* [fix] Making test directory to be compilable without sasl support.

* [fix] General project changes to make vortex compilable when sources
  and installation directories aren't different.

* [fix] Removing spurious comma after enum declaration. Added missing
  vortex-tls.dtd.h and vortex-sasl.dtd.h to distribution.  (Reported
  Lawrence MacIntyre).

* [fix] Applied vortex-notify-start-01 (CHANGE-NOTIFY). Updated
  regression tests to check changes introduced.

* [fix] Fixing a documentation on vortex_channel_new*

* [fix] Improving comment dropped by vortex_reader module when
  something has to be read from the wire...

* [fix] Moved mutex release after frame variable configuration inside
  CHECK_PENDING_FRAME (vortex_channel.c).

* [fix] Fixed dependencies with GSASL libraries on windows.  Updated
   gsasl.nsi and gsasl-win32-compile.txt with latest instructions.

* [fix] Adding c++ extern header decls in all extensions to make them
  usable for c++ users/compilers. This directive wasn't imported from
  base library (Problem reported by Juhani).

* [fix] Making xml-rpc-gen-1.1 tool to include xml-rpc.dtd as a header
  created by axl-knife. Now it is no longer required to bundle
  xml-rpc.dtd file.

* [fix] Moving vortex_sasl.dtd.h include file from public header to
  vortex_sasl.c to avoid users to include it.

* [fix] Adding references to debian package support for vortex.

* [fix] General update to add debian package support.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line provides GNU/Linux support and
  consulting services to help organization to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  We hope Vortex Library help you. Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
24th Apr 2009, Madrid (Spain)