Subject: [Ietf-behave] draft-ietf-behave-turn-01 sec 9.2.1 question

From: Brian Hibbard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:56:45 -0500 (CDT) (envelope-from [email-masked])

There is an open issue in behave-turn-01 section 9.2.1:

   ...

   [[OPEN ISSUE: Can we eliminate the whole race condition, by
   requiring the client to close the binding and wait 5 seconds (with
   no server verification of this requirement) before issuing a new Set
   Active Destination request?  Proposed text follows:]]

   ...

As an implementor, this looks like it would be a welcome simplification 
to the mechanism of changing Active Destinations.  The way I read it, 
this proposed approach would also allow the server's state machine to be 
eliminated, and the client's state machine would become trivial. 

Is there any opposition to making that change to the draft?  Are there 
any other downsides besides the possibility that for a very small time, 
some packets would be encapsulated that wouldn't otherwise require it?

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:56:24 -0500 (CDT) (envelope-from [email-masked])

> eliminated, and the client's state machine would become trivial.

I pretty much agree here. That would be very welcome.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont <Remi.Denis-Courmont@xxxxxxxxx>
Assistant Research Engineer