Subject: [Ietf-behave] UNKNOWN-ATTRIBUTES in draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-05.txt

From: "Alfred E. Heggestad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 02:48:15 -0600 (CST) (envelope-from [email-masked])

hi

In draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-05.txt, Section 11.9 UNKNOWN-ATTRIBUTES states:

  "If the number of unknown attributes is an odd number, one of the
   attributes MUST be repeated in the list, so that the total length of
   the list is a multiple of 4 bytes."

Would it be possible to change this to the same padding logic used for all other
attributes? is there any reason for have a special padding logic for this 
attribute?

The length field already specifies the number of valid bytes in the payload, so
if the number of unknown attributes is an odd number of N, the length field 
should
be 2*N - with 2 bytes of 0x0000 padding.

/alfred

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:30:15 -0600 (CST) (envelope-from [email-masked])

OK, I'll make this change.

-Jonathan R.

Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:

hi

/alfred
_______________________________________________
Ietf-behave mailing list
Ietf-behave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://list.sipfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-behave

--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
jdrosen@xxxxxxxxx                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com