Subject: Re: [Ietf-behave] Dedicated draft for RTP keepalive?

From: "Xavier Marjou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 04:05:44 -0500 (CDT) (envelope-from [email-masked])

For media sessions negotiated with SDP, I did not want to interfere with
ICE, which details how to make use of STUN. Therefore I stated that if STUN
is used by the endpoint, then he has to be ICE compliant. However, I agree
that STUN could be used without ICE for keepalive.

Xavier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF) [mailto:christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : vendredi 4 août 2006 10:25
À : MARJOU Xavier RD-MAPS-LAN; ietf-behave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc : mmusic@xxxxxxxx
Objet : RE: [Ietf-behave] Dedicated draft for RTP keepalive?

Hi,

A short question.

In chapter 4.3 you say:

"For media sessions negotiated with SDP, there is a need for the endpoint
to use ICE."

You can use STUN without using ICE, can't you?

Regards,

Christer

---

From: "Christer Holmberg \(JO/LMF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 04:50:10 -0500 (CDT) (envelope-from [email-masked])

Hi,

The bis draft of the STUN spec defines a specific STUN keep-alive "usage". So, 
you don't need ICE in order to use STUN for pure keep-alive purpose. 

We are also going to define how to use STUN for SIP signalling keep-alive - 
without any "interference" of ICE.

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Marjou [mailto:xavier.marjou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: 4. elokuuta 2006 12:01
To: Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF)
Cc: ietf-behave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Ietf-behave] Dedicated draft for RTP keepalive?

For media sessions negotiated with SDP, I did not want to interfere with ICE, 
which details how to make use of STUN. Therefore I stated that if STUN is used 
by the endpoint, then he has to be ICE compliant. However, I agree that STUN 
could be used without ICE for keepalive.

Xavier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF) [mailto:christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : vendredi 4 août 2006 10:25
À : MARJOU Xavier RD-MAPS-LAN; ietf-behave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc : 
mmusic@xxxxxxxx Objet : RE: [Ietf-behave] Dedicated draft for RTP keepalive?

Hi,

A short question.

In chapter 4.3 you say:

"For media sessions negotiated with SDP, there is a need for the endpoint to 
use ICE."

Regards,

Christer