Subject: [Ietf-behave] draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04 - some questions

From: Vladimir Marek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 00:09:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jonathan,
I would like to ask you, if you could clarify for me some unclear parts 
from the draft.

1) Normally when a value is padded to some length the pad is not 
included into length. I'm not sure how is it in case of 
UNKNOWN-ATTRIBUTE field. Does the length contain the extra 2B if the 
number of unknown attributes is an odd number?

2) What is a procedure when you XOR-ing port? Should be port number 
XOR-ed in host byte order or in network byte order? I would expect that 
first the port is XOR-ed and then is converted into network byte order. 
Is that right?

3) Is it IP address converted into network byte order or no? There is no 
mention about this case and only what could be apply is the rule that 
all numbers are in network byte order form. Therefor I would expect that 
both IPv4 and IPv6 should be in network byte order.

4) What about magic cookie, is it in network byte order or not? I would 
expect that magic cookie is in network byte order representation.

Many thanks for your comments!

Kind regards,
  Vladimir Marek

---

From: Vladimir Marek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 01:13:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jonathan,
I found one more little mistake in draft 04:
chapter 11.11. on page 34, last sentence in paragraph. The key word 
USERNAME should be replaced by word SERVER.

Kind regards,
  Vladimir Marek