Subject: [Ietf-behave] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance 
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Simple Traversal Underneath Network Address 
Translators (NAT) (STUN)
        Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt
        Pages           : 62
        Date            : 2006-7-12
        
Simple Traversal Underneath NATs (STUN) is a lightweight protocol
that serves as a tool for application protocols in dealing with NAT
traversal.  It allows a client to determine the IP address and port
allocated to them by a NAT and to keep NAT bindings open.  It can
also serve as a check for connectivity between a client and a server
in the presence of NAT, and for the client to detect failure of the
server.  STUN works with many existing NATs, and does not require any
special behavior from them.  As a result, it allows a wide variety of
applications to work through existing NAT infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
i-d-announce-request@xxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        mailserv@xxxxxxxxx
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt".
        
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-04.txt>