Subject: [Ietf-behave] Test programs for ICMP and TCP

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

Is anyone interested in writing some program to test the ICMP and TCP
behavior of NATs so we can collect data about how current systems work?
Anyone familiar with what NATCHECK can do in this area? Open source would be
nicer :-)

Cullen

---

From: Bryan Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:12:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday 25 October 2004 09:58, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> Anyone familiar with what NATCHECK can do in this area? Open source would
> be nicer :-)

Are you referring to _my_ "NAT Check", or someone else's?  (Is there another 
one?)  Because mine _is_ open source - you can get all the code on its home 
page, http://midcom-p2p.sourceforge.net/.  It certainly could use some more 
work, and anyone with time is welcome to work on it; I just haven't had time 
myself recently.

Bryan

>
> Cullen
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-behave mailing list
> Ietf-behave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> https://list.sipfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-behave

---

From: Saikat Guha <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there another one?

I am working on something along the same lines.
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~saikat/NATs.html (source is available on
request). It tests for TCP behaviour when connection establishment 
differs from the 3-way handshake (i.e. symmetric open, icmp errors,
etc). Preliminary results from 20 or so NATs are at
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~saikat/nat-behave.ps. 

The code/service will be part of a broader library implementing STUNT
and NUTSS (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~saikat/nutss.pdf) allowing tcp
between two nat'ed hosts etc.

-- 
Saikat Guha
https://www.guha.cc/~saikat
Attachment:
signature.asc