Subject: [Ietf-behave] draft-ietf-nat-udp-03

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:14:16 -0700 (PDT)

The UDP Behave document has been updated, reflecting the
latest agreements from the list:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-nat-udp-03.txt

----
François AUDET, Nortel Networks
mailto:audet@xxxxxxxxxx

---

From: Bryan Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 04:30:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Francois,

I see the new UDP draft still has REQ-5(a) as a MAY.

>   REQ-5  A NAT UDP mapping timer MUST NOT expire in less than 2
>          minutes.
>          a) The value of the NAT UDP mapping timer MAY be configurable.
>          b) A default value of 5 minutes for the NAT UDP mapping timer
>             is RECOMMENDED.

As per the poll I called on June 27, the majority of those who have expressed 
an opinion on this issue appear to favor SHOULD.  From the original poll:

>SHOULD: 3 - me, David, Suresh
>MAY: 2 - you (presumably), Saikat

No one else subsequently responded with corrections or additions to the tally, 
except David Barrett to re-confirm his strong preference for SHOULD.  I 
therefore request that the next version of the UDP draft be adjusted to 
reflect this majority preference, at least until such a point as some kind of 
true consensus might be reached on this issue.

Thanks,
Bryan