Subject: [Ietf-behave] draft-wing-mmusic-symmetric-rtprtcp

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:35:46 -0700 (PDT)

I wanted to point folks at the following brief I-D which defines
Symmetric RTP and Symmetric RTCP:

        Title           : Symmetric RTP and RTCP Considered Helpful
        Author(s)       : D. Wing
        Filename        : draft-wing-mmusic-symmetric-rtprtcp-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2004-9-23

  This document defines symmetric RTP and symmetric RTCP and recommends
  their use.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-mmusic-symmetric-rtprtcp-00.t
xt

I'd like this to be a standards-track RFC, so vendors can claim compliance
to the RFC.  It should probably be rolled into a document describing other
endpoint requirements, but one doesn't currently exist; if BEHAVE turns
into a WG it might make sense to put the text of -symmetric-rtprtcp- into
an overall document describing how VoIP endpoints should behave when they're
behind a Behave-compliant NAT.

Comments welcome.

-d