Subject: [Ietf-behave] -behave-multicast and draft-ietf-magma-igmp-proxy

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

During WGLC, it was brought to the chairs attention that
draft-ietf-behave-multicast-01 and  draft-ietf-magma-igmp-proxy-06 had
significant overlap.  In Dallas I presented a quick summary of the problem,
which is captured in the BEHAVE minutes (below my signature).

Consensus at the meeting was to reduce the scope of behave-multicast to only
reference -magma-igmp-proxy and to point out the special issues around NATs.
Please let me know if you disagree with this change of scope.  

We will also need a new author to volunteer to make these changes.

-Dan Wing

-----

    Topic: Multicast Draft (Dan Wing, 10 min)
    draft-ietf-behave-multicast-01 
    draft-ietf-magma-igmp-proxy-06

    Magma draft has already passed IESG review.  Will drop the
    behave draft and  let it expire.  Cullen - looks close, but
    if we give MAGMA draft to NAT vendors they will  be confused.
    Make behave draft just point to MAGMA draft, point-by-point?
    Francois - how would anyone else figure this out in the first
    place.  Is  there an existing document where we can include
    the pointer?

    Philip pointed out that the MAGMA draft is in RFC
    Editor queue and we can't squeeze in a change of this
    size in AUTH-48.

    Dan said he would ask the list for suggestions.