Subject: [Ietf-behave] UDP draft and Fragmentation

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:36:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

As per the agreement of last week's BEHAVE meeting, Bryan Ford has
created
some text to address the Fragmentation aspects of the document.

Also as per the agreement, David Oran, Cullen Jennings and myself have
looked
at it and agree unanimously that the text should go in.

The question to the group is do everybody agree with the new proposal
below:

REQ-13: A NAT MUST support receiving in order and out of order
fragments,
        so it MUST have "Received Fragment Out of Order" behavior.

Replace REQ-13a with:

REQ-13(a): A NAT's out of order fragment processing mechanism MUST be
           designed so that fragmentation-based DoS attacks do 
           not compromise the NAT's ability to process in-order and 
           unfragmented IP packets.

Unless anybody complains, it's in.