Subject: [BEHAVE] Review of draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-05

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:45:46 -0800

In this review I tried to do not repeat what was already said in this
previous reviews:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg01786.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg01787.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg01789.html
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/behave/current/msg01790.html

1. Section 5, paragraph 9:

"...where it indicates where the client wants to receive Real Time
Transport Protocol (RTP [17]) traffic."

It cannot be a bad thing to add RTCP here.

2. Section 6, paragraph 11:

The first and fifth sentences are identical.

3. Section 7.1, paragraph 4:

"Retransmissions continue until a response is received..."

I think it should be:

"Retransmissions continue until a response is received and is not
discarded..."

4. Section 7.2, paragraph 2:

I am not sure if this is implementable with UDP, as the fatal ICMP error
will only be received on the next system call.  As indications are not
retransmitted by STUN itself, the ICMP packet will never be received,
and so the next server in the SRV RR will never be used.  At least
something should be said that this can work only if the indication is
retransmitted at an higher level.

5. Section 8.1, paragraph 3:

"The protocol is always "tls" for TLS over TCP."

This seems redundant with the previous sentences.

6. Section 8.3.3:

"If the STUN transaction times out without receipt of a response..."

Should be:

"If the STUN transaction times out without receipt of a non-discarded
response..."

7. Section 9.1.1, paragraph 2:

In my opinion, the text should clearly state that the server is always
stateful if the request is not idempotent, and stateful or stateless at
the choice of the implementor if the request is idempotent.

8. Section 12.1.1 paragraph 6
   Section 12.1.7:

"PDU" should be defined somewhere or replaced by another something else.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [ RFC1855-compliant space for rent]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave