Subject: [BEHAVE] RE: [MMUSIC] some comments on ice-12, part one

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:17:34 -0800

(Adding BEHAVE to this discussion.)

> Dan Wing wrote:
> > It is anticipated that BEHAVE's "application" milestone 
> > will describe how ICE's techniques can be used by non-SDP 
> > applications.  As of now, draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt is 
> > the most likely candidate document to meet
> > BEHAVE's "application" milestone, but it hasn't yet been 
> > adopted as a working group document.
> 
> I was not aware of this work item, thanks, this works for me.
> Just a minor note:
>  - Scanning through draft-ford-behave-app-04.txt, it takes 
> the following approach: "if you build an app, here are the 
> things you should be aware of and some techniques that can 
> be used."

That is an accurate summary.

>   - My comment was targeted more specifically at protocol 
> designers: if you build a protocol that intends to use ICE, 
> here are some of the properties the protocol should have 
> and here is the vocabulary that should be added to convey 
> the ICE semantics.

This sounds different from a 'design rationale', which is
what I thought you were asking about.  (For everyone
else's reference, we're all referring to
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/mmusic/current/msg04935.html)

I wonder if such a document is necessary.  For example, from 
what I have seen of XMPP/Jingle's adoption of ICE maybe they
did everything right, and even in a way that can allow 
signaling-only box to do SIP/XMPP interworking.

-d

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave